The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silly moo

Our local bunch are advertising high speed fibre internet with big banners proclaiming that they can install it within a week, we've signed up and been waiting over a month!

MikeDunn

Quote from: silly moo on February 09, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
proclaiming that they can install it within a week, we've signed up and been waiting over a month!
Do they have any small print stating the date they'll install it within a week of  :P

mickeyflinn

Wouldn't touch BT again with a barge-pole.
When we first moved into our house it was a new-build and there was no telephone line installed, even though the builders had installed all the necessary underground ducting for the lines to be installed.
My wife was several months pregnant with our son, and for obvious reasons we needed a telephone line installed ASAP. I used the telephone in the site office to contact BT, but was told that;
"They couldn't install a telephone line at the present time as the builders hadn't installed the underground ducting (which they had), and could they take our home telephone number so that they could contact us directly to inform us when they might be able to install the line."
This was in 1989, so there were no mobiles and very little competition for BT. Needless to say, we left BT as soon as we could!!

daveg

BT. Aren't they just the business?!

While calling foreign parts to speak to their help desk on our landline I'm afraid I totally lost it when the guy told me that the reason we didn't have BB was because of the fault on the landline. Likewise I was asked for the number they could contact me on. We already had had an engineer reporting no fault with the line.

I also received 2 SMS messages over the 3 weeks thanking me for my order and that they are still trying to organise things ready for my move in October 2014; that's when we moved here!

Dave G

Malc

When my BT phone and broadband went down, I disconnected everything connected to the pair of wires coming into the house. I used a meter and found there was a short coming in. We have a telegraph pole outside and the cover was off the connection block and our pair was the lowest one in there. I could see water dripping out of it. Their help desk assured me the fault was in my property and they would send an engineer and it would cost £70 if they found a fault. I said OK, but if the fault was with them, I would be charging them £140 for loss of service. 3 weeks later a man turned up, cleaned the connections outside, had a cup of coffee and left. I spoke to the help desk and got a quarter's rental refunded.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

TylerB

Not BT but... when cable TV came to my area, I waited for the builders to dig up the road outside my house to lay the cables, then applied to have cable TV. It took months to get a straight answer, but to cut a long story short, eventually a rather embarrassed manager contacted me to say that the builders who dug up the road had dug a trench and filled it back in - but somehow forgotten to lay a cable in it, and the whole road had to be redone!!!

To be fair they did it quite quickly after that...

Oldman

1990's basswood kits - no longer available and is a real pain because everything has to be cut out with a scalpel.
It is a Z scale model of a RhB station, the detail parts are just breaking as they try to cut them out - so that means a lot of  bodging with quite a few bits will end up not being fitted.
Not protypical for Swiss stations but there may be ground cover in places where it would never be.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

davieb

Bloody Peco inspection pits  :veryangry:  :censored:  :veryangry:

Just cut my thumb getting one fitted
Not such a good idea when I am on blood thinning medication  :doh:

Dave  :headbutt:

MikeDunn

Quote from: davieb on February 16, 2016, 09:25:35 PM

So you're being literal then  ::)

MalcolmInN

when I am on blood thinning medication  :doh:
Good job you are not   a hemo    an Nphiliac then :)

-philiac
" 1.   someone with tendency towards something, or an abnormal attraction to something "

:-X

fatso

Rule one if you have heart problem or need to have blood thinned always use new blade and have doctors on speed dial  and if diabetic plenty of plaster near to hand {I have completed the course lol}.mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

Newportnobby

Stupid question, I know, but why would you want to fit an inspection pit in your thumb? ???

davieb

I knew it wouldn't be long until that comment

On a side note
I can't believe how hard it is to get blood stains from the track  ::)

Dave

fatso

Hi joking apart please make sure you clean and keep the cut clean as I got real nasty infection thinking its just a nick
Always looking on the bright side of life

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on February 16, 2016, 09:57:54 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long until that comment

On a side note
I can't believe how hard it is to get blood stains from the track  ::)

Dave

But is it a better colour than those Woodland Scenics marker pens, Dave?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations