The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeelixTC

Quote from: kevin141 on May 01, 2014, 04:39:19 PM
When wiring even following  color coded do you nearly always get a couple back to front
kevin141

Guilty as charged! Worse than that; I 'corrected' the wrong one  :-[

jonclox

>:(
Postmans just rung the door bell and when SWMBO answered it he told her.
Your husbands   been buying yet more models again.
I thought all post was supposed to be private  >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Malc

The postie needs to keep in with your missus as she gives him the tip at Xmas
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

jonclox

Quote from: Malc on May 02, 2014, 11:17:53 AM
The postie needs to keep in with your missus as she gives him the tip at Xmas
>:( Not this year she wont
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Sprintex

You could give him a tip instead this year . . .

"Keep yer gob shut in future!" ;)

Paul

Calnefoxile

:veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

Mrs C and I sat down to watch The Railway Man last night, and I almost spat my tea all over the place after a few minutes.

The scene in question is supposed to have taken place at Newton Aycliffe in 1980 with Eric Lomax going to catch a train, we see Eric coming down some stairs onto the platform and climb into a MAROON yes I did say a MAROON MK1, which then departs behind a GREEN Peak, right loco, wrong livery.

I'd just got over spitting feathers about that, when we see Eric back at the station, to meet his new squeeze Patti off her train, only to be confronted with BLOOD & CUSTARD liveried coaches hauled by the WCRC class 37 37676 Loch Rannoch.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great film and very harrowing, but to get simple things like this wrong really drives me nuts. I mean they got the Station staff uniforms right, but can't get the stock right, they even got the vehicles right for 1980.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Regards

Neal.

Bealman

Is this the same Newton Aycliffe I'm thinking of in Durham? Didn't know it had a station.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on May 06, 2014, 09:30:45 AM
Is this the same Newton Aycliffe I'm thinking of in Durham? Didn't know it had a station.
Opened in '78 - try Wiki

Bealman

Thanks for that, yeah, one and the same. It's on the ECML line, then, as my recollections tell me it would be (went out with a girl in me college days at Durham back in 1972 who flatted at Newton Aycliffe).

More of a halt than a station, me thinks, but all these years on.... hmmm. Will be back there in a week on a flying visit.... Newton Aycliffe? Maybe.

Calnefoxile, I'm glad your beef was with the locos and stock... 1980? I don't think so!!!  :beers:

jonclox

Quote from: Calnefoxile on May 06, 2014, 08:13:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, it's a great film and very harrowing, but to get simple things like this wrong really drives me nuts. I mean they got the Station staff uniforms right, but can't get the stock right, they even got the vehicles right for 1980.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Regards

Neal.
I agree. I watched it over the weekend and found it  both harrowing and very moving despite the obvious errors of the railway scenes.
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Oldun

Talking of films, The Railway Children (with Bernard Cribbins) - train goes over the crossing into the station
pulling a single maroon coach. Next instant it leaves pulling 3-4 maroon and cream coaches. Where the hell
did they come from  :confused1:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

longbridge

Crazy road laws, here in Queensland it is breaking the law to pass a cyclist any closer than 1 metre, that is fine but I have noticed some drivers now swerve over to the wrong side of the road when passing a bike, whats even worse is it is now OK to overtake a cyclist by crossing double white lines, the white lines are there to stop people overtaking in dangerous places, people used to get fined if they crossed double white lines.

I understand that road safety is important, cyclists need to be respected as road users but I think not to the extent where other motorists lives are at risk.

This makes me angry.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Talking of roads and cars, just got mine home with hardly any lights on. It ain't going anywhere in the morning. Battery flat as a tack. Unfortunately, me, wife and daughter have to go places. Great start to tomorrow.. But tomorrow is exactly that - tomorrow.  :dighole:

Agrippa

Quote from: Oldun on May 06, 2014, 11:51:55 AM
Talking of films, The Railway Children (with Bernard Cribbins) - train goes over the crossing into the station
pulling a single maroon coach. Next instant it leaves pulling 3-4 maroon and cream coaches. Where the hell
did they come from  :confused1:

Roger

Yet another film where Jenny Agutter gets her kit off!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations