The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie Bill.

The English don't need stickers braying about how good we would like to be. We already KNOW we're better! >:D >:D
Hey, Bealman, have you seen the bumper sticker reply to those stick figure things? "I couldn't give a fig (or some word like that) about your flaming stick family."

Bealman

Yes, I have... with them hanging or worse! Cracks me up!  ;D ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on March 17, 2014, 11:11:56 PM
As a Geordie ex-pat
Whoa, whoa !!!

If you're a Sunderland lad, you ain't a Geordie  >:D

Rob H

Quote from: Bealman on March 17, 2014, 11:11:56 PM
As a Geordie ex-pat, I salute your excellent Geordie accent, Sir!  ;D

A real contradiction in terms  -  if you're a, I can hardly say it, Sunderland fan then you're no Geordie and please stop masquerading as one !
Bl...y Mackems,

Rob, born and bred Newcastle and proud of it !
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Bealman

Ooh ah.

Stood up there!

Apologies to all. Living here I just get used to saying I'm from the north east and therefore a Geordie

As you Tynesider's correctly point out, I am not.

Cheers!! :beers: :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on March 18, 2014, 09:06:53 AM
As you Tynesider's correctly point out, I am not.
Getting worse - now I'm being called a Geordie !!!   :censored:

Rob H

Getting worse - now I'm being called a Geordie !!!   :censored:

You should feel honoured !
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

EtchedPixels

Quote from: ParkeNd on March 17, 2014, 10:01:04 AM
I can't understand the compulsion either for people to stick "Wales" stickers on their cars. No- one sticks England stickers on them.

They probably don't want people to find out  :angel:

I do actually see quite a few 'England' stickers on cars in this part of the world -  I guess because there are people here who do feel very much like English ex-pats in Wales

(it's funny - when folk move to Wales some folks go native, others get more English instead)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

NinOz

I really hate Mother of Millions at the moment.
Have about 1.5 acres infested with them, about half an acre of this is an unbroken carpet. 
Spent in excess of $700 so far for poison and equipment to deal with them, over the past month 40 hours of finding and spraying.  After 2 months thought I had finally finished spraying yesterday only to find two more patches of them. :laugh3: :'(

Then I will have to clear at least 4 acres of lantana. :(

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Oldun

Quote from: NinOz on March 19, 2014, 11:46:49 PM
Have about 1.5 acres infested with them, about half an acre of this is an unbroken carpet. 

For the un initiated:
[smg id=11075]

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

NinOz

Quote from: Oldun on March 19, 2014, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: NinOz on March 19, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

For the un initiated:
[smg id=11075]

Roger

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Oldun

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

:( Didn't mean to give you nightmares  :-X
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bikeracer

Just like women,the pretty ones can turn into a nightmare

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Dorsetmike

My washing machine just died, first load of this weeks wash, water on the floor and a very expensive moise. Got a bloke coming out in an hour or so.

Problem is the house is going on the market today and I will probably be going into a  flat in a retirement block where there is a laundry room so don't really want to get a new WM (assuming it's not a quick/cheap fix)

So  I need to find a laundrette for the next few months while the estate agents and solicitors play their games. Crossing fingers in hopes!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Lawrence

Hadn't come across Mother of Millions but found this interesting reading, http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/pests-weeds/weeds/profiles/mother-of-millions seems a real nasty one and reading through all the measures required to dispose of them it really is a big problem.  Looks like you need to have a controlled burning but replanting such a large area wont come cheap!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations