The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Am having a pleasant long weekend in Driffield visiting with in laws.  It took some persuading but convinced everyone, with the lure of fish & chips to go through to Scarborough today because, given the listing on Uk Model Shops, The Train Shop is open everyday except Wednesdays http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/8-TheTrainShop
No it bloomin isn't, he doesn't open on Sundays either, something that isn't even mentioned on the opening times sign in the door, the one below the big CLOSED sign.
Complete waste of time, petrol and cost me a shed load at the chippie and din't even get a look round :veryangry: :veryangry:
Yes Arrow Toys was open but apart from one Z gauge Marklin set it was all 00   :censored:

daveg

Frustrating when the online info isn't up to date, Lawrence. Sorry you had a bit of a wasted day plus the chippie bill!

I'm afraid I don't rely on that particular site, not that I think it's all 'their' fault. If they don't get valid info, they can't share it. Perhaps an email to UK Model Shops may help others being as disappointed as you.

Dave G

Bealman

Serves yerself right for gannin to Scarborough on a Sunday. OOOh..... he said, from a safe distance.....  :D :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Quote from: Lawrence on March 09, 2014, 09:11:20 PM
Am having a pleasant long weekend in Driffield visiting with in laws.  It took some persuading but convinced everyone, with the lure of fish & chips to go through to Scarborough today because, given the listing on Uk Model Shops, The Train Shop is open everyday except Wednesdays http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/8-TheTrainShop
No it bloomin isn't, he doesn't open on Sundays either, something that isn't even mentioned on the opening times sign in the door, the one below the big CLOSED sign.
Complete waste of time, petrol and cost me a shed load at the chippie and din't even get a look round :veryangry: :veryangry:
Yes Arrow Toys was open but apart from one Z gauge Marklin set it was all 00   :censored:

Complete waste of time?  Had someone removed the sea and the beach as well?

Malc

Not really angry, just disappointed. Went round the Warwick show yesterday and saw some really first class layouts, with nothing going on. After standing around for a couple of minutes, moved on to the next one, only to find the same thing.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Isn't Warwick a sort of major show over there? That's sad.... any other members thoughts?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Kipper

Not content with a sick pooch, I got the results of my blood test today. Very low platelet count (should be 140 minimum, but mine much lower), so another blood test to verify result, then, if confirmed low, see where we go from there. Overlapping with my oncology appointment, so GP may get hospital involved, just in case!

Malc

Dear me Kipper, you don't have a lot of luck do you. Hope it is something simple and it gets sorted quickly.

ParkeNd

I have to have blood tests twice a year. You can at least have fun with the official terms.

I always announce to the receptionist that "I have come to be flebotomised by the flebotomist in the flebotomy department."

If anyone knows any more grammatical derivations of the word flebotomy then let me know and I will work it into my intro. Be quick though because my next appointment is this Wednesday.

Oldun

When I go for mine I just ask if the 'vampire' is in  ::)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Malc

Being a diabetic, I too have blood tests twice a year. Once, it was a locum flebotomist and they had moved her to an upstairs room and she said "would you like to come upstairs?" Well, with a feed line like that, I replied that I hadn't had an offer like that for some time. We both fell about laughing. When I went for the results, the regular nurse asked me what I'd been saying to her staff. The story had gone all round the surgery, so be careful what you say.

ParkeNd

I have always been mightily respectful to our surgeries young blonde flebotomist since she is going to stick a needle in my vein and keep drawing off containers of blood which can be any size she wants and any number she wants.

GeeBee

I have to have blood checks every month at the moment to check my white blood cell count this has gone on since Feb 2013 now they're checking to see if I am anemic you just can't win
:scowl:  :confused2:

Lawrence

Quote from: ParkeNd on March 10, 2014, 08:33:37 AM

Yes it was.  Please read the post, I didn't go for the sea and the beach, I can do that at home, I went specifically to visit the two model shops that were supposed to be open.  Most of the beach was now on the road anyway!  Following a 6 1/2 half hour drive South, then another hour in snarled up in traffic to get there I was not in the best humour, and stupid comments like yours don't really help!

ParkeNd

Quote from: Lawrence on March 10, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
Quote from: ParkeNd on March 10, 2014, 08:33:37 AM

Yes it was.  Please read the post, I didn't go for the sea and the beach, I can do that at home, I went specifically to visit the two model shops that were supposed to be open.  Most of the beach was now on the road anyway!  Following a 6 1/2 half hour drive South, then another hour in snarled up in traffic to get there I was not in the best humour, and stupid comments like yours don't really help!

I can now understand your anger Lawrence.

If you check the following you will see that The Train Shop at Scarborough is open Sundays - but only between 11.30 and 12.30. Bottom RH corner of screen.

http://www.yell.com/biz/the-train-shop-scarborough-7589298/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations