The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Hendry

Not good.  Hope you feel better soon.  We always used to say that if we, as low-temperature physicists, were as 'careful' about our work as the average doctor, what remained of us would be laid in the bottom of the crater along with the rest of the lab.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

ReBeginner

So very sorry to hear this Gerard, hope you can be fixed up properly and mend as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Thought and prayers for you, with you.
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

scotsoft

I hope you feel better quickly Gerard and make your feelings known to the doctors  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Kipper

As another who has had to endure the thyroid out op (three times, as they managed to screw up with me, too), I hope you feel better soon.

ReBeginner

Pengi,
If you do decide to claim, you'll want to see/study some parts of 'Justice' - the Govt new name for the courts et al
http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil
In the event of an offer (to settle) being made/received before or during the case processing it's called a Part 36 offer - not because it's a 36th or part, but because it is provided for in CPR Civil (Court) Procedural Rules and it can be seen as poor form not to accept a reasonable offer, say 66+% of original claim, notwithstanding costs or interest claimed etc.

www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part36

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

keerout

Thanks guys I really needed to get that out of my system the worst bit of it all is; the Dutch health sysyem carries a mandatory own risk of ±€ 350.- so you pay to get maltreated and then do a bit of shoestring living/ modelling as the in-surance just takes the money out of your bank if you do not agree with that, you end up un-in-sured
(wich is illegal by Dutch law)  :'( (all -s intentional)

Kipper

Third attempt to get blood out of my arms - failed! I must now wait a week, for the multi stab wounds to heal, and then go back. Hopefully I will see the uber-phlebo, who is currently on holiday, and she can do it, otherwise I will have to go to the local hospital. Offered to go today, but turned down as it would cost the surgery to have the hospital phlebo do it - even though I might end up there anyway. The appointment is "just in time" to get the sample tested, and the results back, in time to see the quack again. You couldn't make it up!!!!!

Bikeracer

Seems to me nowadays that whenever you go for any kind of treatment the first thing they do is look at the cost before deciding whether to treat you or not.

I had to have a blood test last week and told the nurse that it was usually a problem getting the needle into a vein,the nurse said "no problem" and proceeded hit the vein first time and it never even bruised afterwards.
I've had it in the past where they've given up and got someone else to do it.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Oldman

Thanks for the comments on blood tests guys >:(
Went to the docs today, and now it looks like all sorts of tests/scans etc to resolve the problem.
Got blood test 11.45 tomorrow.  Blood pressure was low and pulse was high so  ??? ???
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

ReBeginner

After days of checking ITV4 in case Chris Gale is batting in IPL ... today........... I didn't - did you see it? The ton off 33? Or however many - he's me new Gordon or Viv - I bet Si Beef of Botham loved it, bet it reminded him of old times ............... and I can't sodding find a replay ............. are there 2 L's in rowlocks?

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

Phil Hendry

I had problems with my thyroid, now happily resolved, and had dozens of blood tests whilst it was all going on.  In general, I found, the knack with blood tests is to (a) be well hydrated - drink a pint or two of water an hour or so before the test and (b) be good and warm, bordering on too hot, so the veins near the skin open up.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Sprintex

Quote from: ReBeginner on April 23, 2013, 11:44:24 PM
After days of checking ITV4 in case Chris Gale is batting in IPL ... today........... I didn't - did you see it? The ton off 33? Or however many - he's me new Gordon or Viv - I bet Si Beef of Botham loved it, bet it reminded him of old times ............... and I can't sodding find a replay ............. are there 2 L's in rowlocks?

And the prize for the most cryptic post goes to . . . ;)

Paul

daveg

Quote from: Sprintex on April 24, 2013, 04:25:33 AM

And the prize for the most cryptic post goes to . . . ;)

Paul

Now I know I've got up too early! Back to bed!! :sleep:

Dave G

Jack

It's just not cricket Old Chap is it!  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

ReBeginner

Hi Ho Ho you three, very funny Sprintex, Dave G & Jack9465 - that whacking great fast ton is just as important as NGF you know, with out it we would become anoraks, okay?

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations