The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Just a reminder that you can use our own Classified system to buy and sell stuff - no eBay fees here  :D
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

trainsdownunder

Problem for me is then the postage still kills it - the lowest parcel is around £10, over 500g hits $22 +

Just done some quick sums

Ebay.au

Item sells for $5. postage costs $1.20 (total about £4.25)

eBay takes $2.0 ($1.50 insertion, $0.50 Final value)
Buyer uses paypal  $0.45
postage costs $1.20 + packing $0.30

Total outlay $3.95  BALANCE left $2.25

Item costs $2.00 ......................................nuff said

Geoff

Gas valve went down on the works boiler last thursday the boiler man came on tuesday to fit a new gas valve but he broke it, and I am here in work with my little fingers wrinkled and cold and no gas man to fix the boiler, fuming mad is an understatement.  :veryangry:

Roll on 4-30..
Geoff

davidjhope

Quote from: davidjhope on March 31, 2013, 09:36:39 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 31, 2013, 05:03:32 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on March 31, 2013, 02:56:42 PM
:(
Toothache
:'(

Say no more

Too much chocolate egg? ;)

If only  :(

Paul

Still got the toothache..... :(
Dentist couldn't work out the problem until today.  :confused2:
I've got to have a tooth out tomorrow. :'(
A weeks holiday spent being sad with a toothache then on the Friday having to spend £49 to have it out. :thumbsdown:

What a waste :veryangry:

scotsoft

Quote from: davidjhope on April 04, 2013, 04:10:13 PM

I agree with you totally David, I have no problems paying bills I expect but when something crops up unexpectedly and I have to use my fun money   :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

I suppose the one consolation is the pain will soon be gone  ;)

cheers John.

p.s. the tooth fairy might be very generous  :hmmm:

Farmer Giles

Paul
[/quote]
[/quote]

Still got the toothache..... :(
Dentist couldn't work out the problem until today.  :confused2:
I've got to have a tooth out tomorrow. :'(
A weeks holiday spent being sad with a toothache then on the Friday having to spend £49 to have it out. :thumbsdown:

[/quote]

What time was the appointment 2:30? (two thirty, tooth hurty  :doh: )

EddieA

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 01, 2013, 08:55:16 PM
Put my shaver on clean/charge a little earlier - dead ... after checking the cable I saw why.  My youngest cat (a little out of kittenhood) has ate it !!!  One of the wires in thelead was totally severed, the other one wasn't a lot better  :veryangry:

As a replacement lead is £20 ( :veryangry2:) I decided I'd lose nothing on trying a repair; amazingly, both repaired wires seem OK now  :jawdropping:  But I still need to get a replacement  >:(

Is that cable or cat??? :bounce:
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

EddieA

Just bought a new digital camera (reduced but still pricey). Got it home to discover the full manual in on a CD with only a basic 'insert the batteries and memory card and switch it on' printed guide.

The CD manual was practially useless on the screen so some 140 sheets of paper later and goodness knows how much ink I have printed out the manual!

Probably cost almost as much as the reduction in price  :veryangry:
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

IanUK

Bought one of those steam shower cubicles. Got half way through fitting it together and realised something was wrong and I could not fit the upright columns due to lack of holes (ahem that came out wrong)

Stood scratching my head for nearly two hours, I had followed the instructions step by step as I always do.

Sat down with a cup of tea and was flicking through the instructions, when I got to the back page there was a small photo with some small print saying "Amendment"  "If your upright looks like this then you have the new style of fitting, and you have built your shower incorrectly and you will need to start again and put the uprights in first"

I was flipping fuming! How stupid was that, why didn't they put a big note at the front of the instructions stating this and not on page 43. Where they having a laugh or what?

Wasted a good 3 hours of my life, and modelling, on that wasted exercise not to mention the 2 hours taking it a part and removing 2 tubes of sealant. :veryangry:
People say I'm small minded and live in my own little world; maybe their right!

IanUK

People say I'm small minded and live in my own little world; maybe their right!

MikeDunn

Quote from: EddieA on April 04, 2013, 07:21:43 PM
Quote from: MikeDunn on April 01, 2013, 08:55:16 PM
But I still need to get a replacement  >:(

Is that cable or cat??? :bounce:

Both  :veryangry2:  Anyone want a slightly singed ginger moggie ?  Answers to the name of "Oy, don't eat that !!!"

Bikeracer

Quote from: EddieA on April 04, 2013, 07:27:41 PM
Just bought a new digital camera (reduced but still pricey). Got it home to discover the full manual in on a CD with only a basic 'insert the batteries and memory card and switch it on' printed guide.

The CD manual was practially useless on the screen so some 140 sheets of paper later and goodness knows how much ink I have printed out the manual!

Probably cost almost as much as the reduction in price  :veryangry:
That seems to be the way for a lot of electrical and digital goods nowadays,plus the supplied fifty page thick instructions with the first two pages in English and the rest given over to foreign languages.

We bought a new Bush video recorder yesterday from Argos,there seemed to be a problem insomuch that the video recorder had to be switched on to get a normal broadcast on the TV.
Nothing in the instructions about it,but there was a helpline number to ring,bear in mind that this is a Bush product but the helpline number printed on the front of the instructions connects to Argos on an 0845 number.

Anyway I eventually sorted it out,but what made me angry was the recorder that it replaced had exactly the same problem.That one I bought off ebay last year at a really cheap price,still wrapped in the packaging so I assumed it had a fault and binned it.

Had to get it sorted before the MotoGP starts next month and I need to record it if I have to go out. :)

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

longbridge

The problem is these days manufacturers think we are all so smart that we don't need a manual, with some of the new technology things are not always that simple and some of us need a bit of  :help:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

I wanted switch our new TV off rather than leave it on standby.

Go to the manual; look up switching on and off; 
instruction reads 'press red button on handset to put on standby'
It goes on 'not recommended that TV is left on standby when you go ... e.g.... on holiday'

There is no 'OFF' switch on TV. You have to turn it off at the wall socket. Bit irritating that!

I wonder how much removing a proper on/off switch saved Samsung?

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations