Dapol HST Livery Request Poll

Started by Vonzack, February 09, 2015, 02:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jivebunny

QuoteFirst Dynamic Lines (inc. Power Cars)

Not sure that would sell too well. The coaches are already available in this livery, and as far as I'm aware it was only every applied to one pair of power cars (43004 & 43009) for a certain period, specifically to promote the new livery. They were later given the standard plain dark blue livery which the rest of the refurbished power cars were outshopped in, and which Dapol have already released.

The previous FGW "Barbie" livery might be quite popular though and would be worth adding to the poll. It was applied to the whole of FGW's fleet and lasted for a good few years (2001 to 2006ish, maybe a bit later on some PCs). The white-fronted version was less common, as it was only applied to the first few sets before FGW realised dirt showed up quite well on white, but it could still be seen into 2004.

JB

001. FGW HST departs Cardiff Central. 09-Aug-05; Ref-D5a-P4
by paulfuller128, on Flickr

43032 at Cardiff Central
by rowanC82, on Flickr

sawyerm1982

Quote from: Vonzack on February 09, 2015, 04:46:27 PM
Quote from: sawyerm1982 on February 09, 2015, 03:44:53 PM
How about Intercity Swallow?! Surely that one if popular....

Pretty sure a re-run of IC Swallow might be on the books from Dapol, but the poll was intended for liveries that hadn't been produced so far.

haha somehow I had missed that! Apologies!!

Vonzack

First "Barbie" in Blue and White Cab options added.

sparky

I would take any colour as long as they appeared sometime in the next 20 years...why dapol do not have stocks of standard blue or ic swallow etc is beyond me... These should be constantly available as the hst is such a common staple since the early 70's....

red_death

Sparky - the answer is simple: cashflow and market saturation...

A sure fire way to tie up cash by having models on the shelf in the off chance that someone might want one.

Cheers, Mike

geoffc

I would be very happy with just a Dynamic Lines TGS to complete my First GW HST rake.

Geoff

robert shrives

TGS sample liveries and tweaks required seen the other day and along with Chinese new year have pushed back date into April - I guess, Yellow NMT discussed as well , noting in the other minor scale (4mm!) that hornby happy to do a yellow on current bodies, this an option available to Dapol as well.

GNER blue / red doors, Merlin and fagpacket discussed along with say the EMT on hire set to East coast giving a very cheap livery mod as most of art work already tohand .

I vote for a decent Fagpacket and or Merlin livery
cheers
Robert   

njee20

FGW dynamic lines has already been done...

StufromEGDL

Agree with the poster above about getting the TGS out to complete sets before we go down the line of more incomplete livery rakes....

After the TGSs have been delivered I vote for EC grey/purple....

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

jivebunny

Quote from: njee20 on February 14, 2015, 09:11:02 AM
FGW dynamic lines has already been done...

Already been said, see post #19.

Quote from: robert shrives on February 14, 2015, 09:02:21 AM
TGS sample liveries and tweaks required seen the other day and along with Chinese new year have pushed back date into April.

While yet more delay is annoying for those of us who have been waiting years to complete our HST rakes, at least it shows Dapol have understood that customers in 2015 won't accept dodgy liveries and are making an effort to get them right. It's a shame that the tooling samples were shown at Warley in September but five months down the line they're still not past the "tweaking sample liveries" stage.

On the positive side it means any future liveries will have all of the required tooling available for complete rakes from the outset.

I do however find it odd these still don't seem to be available for pre-order anywhere, it would be nice to be certain I'll actually be able to get a few once they're finally released!

JB

robert shrives

Hi intresting that , I guess once production started the trade will get firm advice on ordering and given gaps in timescales we have seen traders not that willing to show pre advance gen, hattons Dapol pages clogged with locos and stuff in non and DCC versions that are known to be while off - whilst prebooking options exsist it does mean ordering backoffice becomes unwieldy.  I can see traders not willing to stand on a parapet when delivery dates uber vague.

cheers
Robert     

ohlavache

Hello all.
Dapol is conducting a poll for the next liveries to be done.
It is here: https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/n-gauge-models/polls-and-forum-announcements/3091-hst-liveries
It is open till October 17th at 9am. Quite short.
Do not forget to vote for a GWR green livery !  :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations