Class 180 Adelante Kit

Started by G_N_E_R, April 20, 2016, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

RS Components

Preci-Dip Straight 1.27mm 3 Way Through Hole SIL Socket, Solder, 1A 100 V ac, 150 V dc
Stock no.: 702-3047

Preci-Dip 1.27mm 3 Way 1 Row Straight Through Hole Male Multiway Connector
Stock no.: 702-0105

Snowwolflair

A few more explanatory photos.

The Blue silicone is a gasket seal type that stays soft and compressible.  This means that on curves there is enough movement whilst the plugs and sockets are held firmly.

Snowwolflair

Mesh to give effect and to add rigidity.

The under-frames have a tendency to curl and the mesh and the seating, when I add it, will stiffen this.

Snowwolflair

Video of the test run with sound using a Zimo MX649 sound chip.

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Snowwolflair

Here is a shot of the DCC chip installation and speaker

Snowwolflair

Snowwolflair

Snowwolflair

I am using the Virgin Voyager lighting units which come pre-wired and with the correct combination of fiber optics. Im trial fitting them now but they wont be permanent until the model is painted.

robert shrives

Hi , that should look good and spares available from DCC supplies last time I looked - I now know why I bought some a while back !!
A great project, just waiting for my chassis units to arrive .

What mesh did you use for the belly holes?

cheers
Robert

Snowwolflair

It is a very fine brass diamond mesh I got from 4D Models a long time ago, but I believe it is still available.

red_death

That is a great idea using the Voyager lighting kits. Might have to get me some of them!

Cheers, Mike

Snowwolflair

koyli55002

Are those the seating units from the Grafar 350 ?

Snowwolflair

No, they are BR Lines MK3 1st and 2nd class seating modules cut up to give the correct seating configuration (or as close as I can get).

BR Lines are always very helpful and you would be amazed at what they have squirreled away.

Here is the Great Central seating layout which is almost identical, and with photos a good idea of layout can be worked out.

I still need to paint the tables and the edges to the seats, however, once I have wired the plugs for the head and tail lights the chassis set will be substantially complete.

My next task will be to surface the body shells for painting, not an easy task with a FUD print.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations