Forum goes walkabout

Started by Newportnobby, November 26, 2021, 08:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Does anyone else get times when the forum goes away for a brew, and sometimes even a chat with a neighbour over the fence while leaving me staring at a blank page?
I haven't timed it, but this can vary between a few seconds and a lorra, lorra seconds

Malc

It does happen occasionally, usually when loading a new topic. I thought the hamster in the wheel had gone for a fag break.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Nbodger

Quote from: Malc on November 27, 2021, 10:47:12 AM
It does happen occasionally, usually when loading a new topic. I thought the hamster in the wheel had gone for a fag break.

That's the problem isn't it, The Hamster smokes too much, need to get him on nicotine patches.  :no:

Dorsetmike

QuoteI thought the hamster in the wheel had gone for a fag break.

Nah, more likely the duty mod forgot to feed Hammy and/or didn't grease  the wheel bearings.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

It does happen occasionally, usually when loading a new topic.

That seems to be the most frequent occurrence, Malc. Just when I've read a post and clicked on 'All Unread Topics' and away it goes ???

railsquid

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 27, 2021, 11:41:05 AM
QuoteI thought the hamster in the wheel had gone for a fag break.

Nah, more likely the duty mod forgot to feed Hammy and/or didn't grease  the wheel bearings.

Wait, there's a hamster?  ???

What on earth have I been feeding which requires a dozen or so kilos of fresh meat every day?  :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

chrism

At least it's not Mr Goxx.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59432659

;)

GrahamB

I think the forum has found my secret stash of mince pies. Every time it stops or goes slow I look in the tin - and another one has gone!  :o :o :o
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 27, 2021, 11:48:11 AM
It does happen occasionally, usually when loading a new topic.

That seems to be the most frequent occurrence, Malc. Just when I've read a post and clicked on 'All Unread Topics' and away it goes ???

have been getting the 'page unresponsive' message now and then, but I just thought the hamster had caught HB's selective hearing  :-\

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations