NGF Antiques Roadshow

Started by Newportnobby, July 28, 2019, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Here are some items which may become collectables at some point in the future and, in the words of Delboy, could make me a millionaire (yeah, right ::))
Does anyone else out there have items salted away (maybe in that 'safe place') for that rainy day?

(Important - this is in no way meant to be a serious topic but I didn't want to file it under 'Jokes' as, you never know, there may be a surprise if Fiona Bruce got hold of my lot ;)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

T v presenter george. News, antique shows. Crimewatch, factual t v

acook

She sits in "The Luckiest chair in Television"

Bealman

:confused2:

Can you see I don't watch too much TV, yet alone Pommy stuff  ;)

ntpntpntp

I do like to collect curiosities from the history of N Gauge to sit in my cabinet. Not necessarily rare or hard to find but they interest me  :D

Early push-along Minitrix:

Lone Star Treble-O-Lectric:

Lima can-motor 86:

Arnold "Goldies":

I've got complete working sets of Ibertren 3-rail, early Arnold, Minitrix, and Piko etc. all stacked on a shelf, plus show souvenir models from trade fairs and exhibitions, Minitrix Club wagons, ealy Röwa wagons still sealed in their boxes etc.  - in other words, way too much! :D

Quite a few of my models from the 70s still see active service at shows
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 28, 2019, 11:08:00 AM
there may be a surprise if Fiona Bruce got hold of my lot ;)
That could make your eyes water, Mick.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

(Ignoring last post)  :beers:

The Treblolectic pic is so cool.

Anyone one got any Lone Star push along pics?

I had heaps of that stuff, but it vanished into the ether before they even thought of an ether.

Or me coming to Australia, for that matter  ;D

exmouthcraig

@Bealman .....surely it all got left behind once you were put into your arrowed pyjamas and the ball and chain fitted as you boarded the ship??  :D

railsquid

Quote from: ntpntpntp on July 28, 2019, 12:02:04 PM
I do like to collect curiosities from the history of N Gauge to sit in my cabinet. Not necessarily rare or hard to find but they interest me  :D

I suffer from a similar affliction, even got a "working" LoneStar Class 24 (as it wasn't known at the time).

To avoid repetition, here's a 1975 Tomix AC electric loco (made by Kader/Bachmann in Hong Kong):

Tomy ED75 (ED75 513) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bealman on July 28, 2019, 12:26:24 PM
(Ignoring last post)  :beers:
Anyone one got any Lone Star push along pics?
I had heaps of that stuff, but it vanished into the ether before they even thought of an ether.

There are tons of it on ebay at the moment!   I had a very similar set as a youngster,  with the footbridge and signal box etc. (indeed the signal box still sits in my cabinet alongside the Push-Trix, there's a glimpse of it in my 2nd photo above :-) )
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONE-STAR-TREBLE-O-TRAIN-SET-N-GAUGE/202741487605?hash=item2f345597f5:g:9RcAAOSwtOVdOIrF
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Philip.

Thought this may be about a members meet up  :doh: :D

Lawrence

I was expecting Mick to post a picture of me the way I was feeling when he called me last night!  ;D

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations