Steam cleaners

Started by austinbob, January 04, 2015, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

British Gas have given me an Amazon gift voucher of £50 (don't ask, its a long story). I'm thinking of buying a steam cleaner for floors, wall tiles, grout etc. Any advice on good buys. (not good byes!!)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Take a look here:

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/special-offers/steam-cleaning?gclid=CILwseih-8ICFdTLtAodx0oAaA

Got a steam/vac combo that works well on my terracotta tiled floors.

Dave G

austinbob

Quote from: daveg on January 04, 2015, 09:22:15 PM
Take a look here:

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/special-offers/steam-cleaning?gclid=CILwseih-8ICFdTLtAodx0oAaA

Got a steam/vac combo that works well on my terracotta tiled floors.

Dave G

Thanks for that Dave - Which one did you get?
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

austinbob

Thanks Dave - much appreciated.

Bob Austin

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Quote from: Malc on January 04, 2015, 11:38:56 PM
I bought this one Bob, excellent value. I suspect Amazon may do it slightly cheaper. http://www.tesco.com/direct/morphy-richards-9-in-1-upright-steam-cleaner/729-5146.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=729-5146

Thanks Malc. That looks pretty versatile. There's such a choice for these things, isn't there. Makes my brain hurt! :confused2:

Bob Austin

Bealman

I'm buying a new car at the moment, and am stressed to the max!

Good luck with the cleaner... as you say, more options mean more stress!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on January 05, 2015, 08:45:22 AM
I'm buying a new car at the moment, and am stressed to the max!

Good luck with the cleaner... as you say, more options mean more stress!

Going  :offtopicsign: but good luck with that, George.

We got rid of our Peugeot 5008 petrol. Darned thing at 46K miles ran up a bill of just under GBP1K one week prior to house move. Three timing chains in that many miles. Poor or what?  :veryangry:

Got a Skoda Yeti and hoping it may last a fair bit longer without the financial scares.

Good luck Bob. Loads of options as you say. I'd suggest you look at reviews on (e.g.) Amazon and see who comes out top.

Dave G

austinbob

Quote from: daveg on January 05, 2015, 10:01:43 AM
Good luck Bob. Loads of options as you say. I'd suggest you look at reviews on (e.g.) Amazon and see who comes out top.

Dave G

Good idea - taken your advice and done that now - ordered Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop.

If it doesn't work well Dave I'll send you the bill!

I'll post how I get on once I've taught SWMBO how to use it.
:laugh:

Bob Austin

daveg

Er, um .... I regret I can only offer (notional) support for the item I purchased.

You're on your own there buster but jolly good luck is what I say!  :P

Happy New Steamer  :wave:

Dave G

DesertHound

Ah, do these steam cleaner thingymajig's clean the grot out of the grouting in your floor tiles. When we moved into our place we had nice clean grouting on our tile flooring. Over time it has darkened (probably due to grot).

I'll read up on these things (hadn't thought of them as an option really) but any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

PS: When I clicked on this thread I thought someone was going to ask something like "Anyone got any tips on using a steam cleaner to clean your 5-pole motor?"  :smiley-laughing:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

austinbob

That's one of the things it is supposed to do Dan. How effective it is is yet to be established.

Bob Austin

DesertHound

Cheers Bob - if you can let me know how you get on with it (and it's effectiveness), I'd be highly appreciative. Saves getting on my hands and knees with a scouring pad and bleach.
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

austinbob

Quote from: DesertHound on January 05, 2015, 02:50:47 PM
Cheers Bob - if you can let me know how you get on with it (and it's effectiveness), I'd be highly appreciative. Saves getting on my hands and knees with a scouring pad and bleach.
Will do Dan

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations