Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I am occasionally getting 'slow' periods. For about 10 minutes last night, about 2210, I was getting 'time out' messages, but running fine at the moment.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

kardkits

Alerts Icon seems to have vanished now

Bealman

As stated earlier in the thread, it is that section of the forum that is causing problems at the moment.

Work in progress!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Had to give up last night after 22.00 owing to constant time outs but all OK this morning.

Dorsetmike

Long delay accessing forum this morning, mostly due to TLS handshaking according to message bottom left corner of screen showing progress
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bealman

15 sec page refresh Friday morning here.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NGFTech

Greetings folks. I appreciate the tags to check this thread but really everything should channel through Tank.

Just as an update, I was working on a massive amount of files and the database yesterday and today which may have slowed things down.

In addition to this, the new gallery is resource intensive so checking things over may have slowed you all down. I am not working on anything as of right now and the alerts are temporarily off so you should be able to run at a good speed.

Also, just added a little bit of cache code to tell your browsers to stop loading things that should be in cache so that should speed you up too.

Newportnobby

I see today I had a '1' in the triangle above the toolbar and thought to myself "What could that be?" as we don't get those for Thank Yous any more as the Thank You button has gone.
It would appear it was to let me know I had been quoted by someone.
This is the first time in all my years on the forum I have seen such a thing and I would ask if it is really necessary/can't be turned off?

RailGooner

I think it can be turned off/on in your profile settings.

@Newportnobby

Tank

Well, it's been there a few years!  :D

I probably changed the settings slightly when I restarted the 'Alerts System'.  Turn it off in your profile.

Newportnobby

Thanks, but I've looked under 'Notifications' and 'Alerts' and there's nothing there to alter to stop me being shown I have been quoted :no:

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 17, 2019, 09:22:21 PM
Thanks, but I've looked under 'Notifications' and 'Alerts' and there's nothing there to alter to stop me being shown I have been quoted :no:

Hi

Go to your profile and click profile info. This will bring up a menu and at the bottom is mentions. Select this then settings. Untick the boxes and click save. Job done.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

dannyboy

If I click on 'Profile', I get my profile but no 'Mentions' at the bottom. If I hover over 'Profile', I get a drop down menu which gives me, in order, 'Mentions', 'Summary', 'Account Settings' and 'My Bookmarks'. If I click on 'Mentions', I get the profile of Tank!  ??? @PaulCheffus  @Tank. Am I misunderstanding your instructions Paul? Have you tried following Pauls instructions yet Mick? @Newportnobby
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: PaulCheffus on January 17, 2019, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 17, 2019, 09:22:21 PM

Hi

Go to your profile and click profile info. This will bring up a menu and at the bottom is mentions. Select this then settings. Untick the boxes and click save. Job done.

Cheers

Paul

@PaulCheffus @dannyboy
I see what Paul is getting at but the only notifications there are about being tagged and I want those. I do not, however, want the red triangle telling me I have been quoted by another forum member.

PaulCheffus

Hi

Same place but click alerts instead of mentions then alerts settings. At the bottom you will see under profile @mentions. Untick this and click save.

It can also be accessed from the alerts triangle. When you click on it, it also shows alert settings.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%