dropped class 70

Started by matt-b, January 19, 2011, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

not to do with modeling, but did anyone hear about when they was unloading some new class 70`s... they dropped one back into the boat. seen the pictures in 'express magazine' and it dont look great.  :)

:NGaugeForum:

Tank

Any pictures???  Hope there wasn't too much damage!   

matt-b

i tryed looking for pictures online, but cant really find any. rail magazine think it mite be a write off

Tank

Yikes!  What a short 'life', and a huge waste of money.  I bet the crane driver got a ticking off!   :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Thanks Oscar.  A lot of damage.  Here is another picture of it....

Chris

What's the latest on this? Did it goes back to the US or did FL keep it for spares?

D306Whistler

Still they could strip the meat off it and shove the power unit and some of the gubbins into a dead Class 60 they could buy from EWS and bring it back to life! ;).

:NGaugersRule:
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

matt-b

would friegtliner just lease them? so its more of a issue for the company that owns it and the dock owners to deal with?

D306Whistler

Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

findus

what a shame, where are these running? not come across any local to me. are they going to take over from the class 66? better more powerful engine?

point blank

Quote from: findus on February 04, 2011, 12:24:23 AM
where are these running? not come across any local to me.

If you take a look at http://www.railwayherald.org/imaging.centre/gallery/?gallery=83 the photo descriptions will give you an idea of where you might catch them.

cloughie

this is them being loaded in the u.s.
from what I have found out, the route back to were they were loaded is now closed till March due to ice
http://www.yidio.com/beluga-endurance-lifting-a-locomotive/id/3012847419
am I there yet

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations