Steam Locomotive and the Accessories Pack ?!?!

Started by marcus28, June 05, 2020, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcus28

I'm still working on a track plan but to get a better picture in my head I ordered some Kato track and a locomotive. I ordered a Graham Farish 3MT and a DCC decoder which I'll fit later. Having never seen an N Gauge train before I was amazed at the weight and detail of this little masterpiece.

Then I noticed a small plastic bag with firmans tools (I guess) and buffer ends and other goodies. Where do they all go? How do you attach them, I'm guessing glue, but they ar so small, what do people use to apply said glue.

Yee gads it's scary. I've got fingers like a wookie.  :confused1:

I looked on the Bachmann website for a clue, nada, zilch...

thebrighton

In theory there should be a service sheet in with the loco showing where the bits go but it's here if you don't have a copy: http://service.bachmann.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GF_Cl_3.pdf

They can be glued in but it's best to leave some off like steps for example as they can impede the swing of the pony trucks. Bits like this are more for those that have generous curves or just have the locos on display. When gluing you can use the end of a pin/needle to ensure you don't use too much.

marcus28

What a muppet I am, I saw the service sheet and thought it was just a tear down of the locomotive. Should have studied it in detail.

Thanks for the tips though.

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations