It's starting to get expensive....again!

Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Maybe it should be subtitled "Semper in excreta"
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Oh heck - it just got worserer as I forgot about the class 73 due for release in Jan 2019 (OP altered) :doh:

Bob Tidbury

The next swing of the pick will cause a big escape of something much worse.
Bob Tidbury

Roy L S

OK so my list..

3 x NGS Hunslets (already ordered)
4-6 (Undecided how many yet) RevolutioN Sturgeons
2 x RevolutioN 128s (The green ones)
4 x Farish Thompsons in Blood & Custard
1 x Farish 8F with sound

I would say a Farish J72 as well, but that appears little more than a twinkle in Bachmann's eye right now.

Add to that a new layout to run them all on...

"Maybes" for Rule 1 use only: -

Farish C Class in BR black and matching Birdcage coaches.

Phew! At least it's not going to all arrive together..

Roy

Hailstone

oops! I forgot to add Atso's County - at least one if not two

Regards,

Alex

Dorsetmike

Thinking about it, the cheaper and less stressful (to the wallet) route would appear to be modelling grouping 1930s, particularly the Southern, in the last couple of years there have only been the Schools, N class and Maunsell coaches, previous to that the Union Mills T9, 700 and 0395, the upcoming C class and Birdcage stock are out of my area so won't tempt me. One has to go back quite a few years to the Dapol M7 and Terrier.

It does mean though that one does tend to buy more that one of each release. Also to possibly do a few more kits and hacks which I find to be an enjoyable especially when it may mean I have a model of something few, if any, other modellers have, e.g. Adams A12 class 0-4-2,Drummond K10 class 4-4-0,  Lord Nelson, Maunsel versions of N15 and S15 also an H15, the last 3 being fairly easy hacks of BHE and/or Langley kits.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Skyline2uk

With the exception of the NGS Hunslet (deposit) anything due to arrive at Skyline towers (in N gauge at least) has been paid for now:

2x Revolution 92s
Triple pack KFAs

In terms of new releases; Couple of Sturgeons would be nice.

I also need to pick up some paint and transfers to finish my ARC PTA rake and NGS Shark (ok, got to start the latter!).

Biggest problem is Dapol actually. Consistently no mention of the Class 59 and with the aforementioned rake I really could do with an ARC 59/1. To make matters worse I have read on his website that CJM are not actually shutting up shop this year and mearly going part-time.....Anybody want to buy a leg?

Skyline2uk

Mustermark

One of my problems is my new fetish for O gauge! :doh:
I just spent over £1000 on an O gauge Heljan Western and an O gauge class 117 DMU kit  :-[
It's ok, Mrs Muster knows what I spend. It helps her to justify what she spends on shoes! :D

The worst thing is my list grows much faster than things get delivered! Let's hope I get through some of the list before I retire in 3-4 years' time, at which time spends should be restricted... :no:

Here's my wishlist:

Dapol 50 Edward Elgar
Dapol 50 BR blue
Nelevator
Class 92 x 3 RevolutioN
Class 92 DJM
Hunslet NGS shunter x 2
Farish Grey-blue Pullman
Dapol HST prototype
DJM King Class
Test car 6 Farish collectors club
Parcels 128 BR blue
Pendolino pride
Cowans Sheldon crane
NGS Cartics x 2
N APT-E (one day, maybe)
RevolutioN cement rake

O gauge A4
O gauge mki buffet
O gauge 47

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

stevewalker

Quote from: Mustermark on September 23, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

You could double your problems and have an O-gauge layout featuring an N-gauge miniature railway!

Mustermark

Quote from: stevewalker on September 23, 2018, 04:42:07 PM
Quote from: Mustermark on September 23, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

You could double your problems and have an O-gauge layout featuring an N-gauge miniature railway!

Yes, indeed!  I have been wanting a 009 Welsh mountain railway, as well as a London Underground railway. Perhaps I should combine the narrow gauge by having a small NN3 railway on the O gauge layout... 2mm trains on Z gauge track. I have recently seen a rather nice model of O gauge people riding behind an N gauge steamer. Too many projects and not enough time, or money!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

stevewalker

Quote from: Mustermark on September 23, 2018, 05:04:46 PM
Yes, indeed!  I have been wanting a 009 Welsh mountain railway, as well as a London Underground railway. Perhaps I should combine the narrow gauge by having a small NN3 railway on the O gauge layout... 2mm trains on Z gauge track. I have recently seen a rather nice model of O gauge people riding behind an N gauge steamer. Too many projects and not enough time, or money!

I am mid-build and have been held up somewhat by health problems (both me and my wife), work and other commitments, plus lack of money, but I actually am part way through building an n-gauge layout with an NN3 line. No miniature railways though - even T-gauge would probably be a little bit large for that in N-scale.

I prefer the term N6.5 personally, as it fits neatly with O16.5 and OO9, but NN3 seems to be the more common version.

AdrianC

So my list is:

Revolution 321 (fortunately already paid for) - only buying as it's my local unit
I'm trying to think of an excuse to get a Chiltern 68, and now I rather like the TPE liveried one too.....
New controller (probably a Morley)
2x Farish DBSO - at least I've got a while to save up!!
Two or three older Inlay style Farish Mk2s in Intercity livery for a conversion project
Three locos to get fixed.....

If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Graham

just added up mine and think I will have to start looking for a job. Retirement is great but trains have to be paid for.

Karhedron

My shopping list is not looking too bad at the moment.

2 DJM Kings
RevolutioN Class 128

I do want a handful of Maroon Hawksworths but I think I will have to wait until the prices come down a bit.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations