Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

Quote from: Philip. on August 31, 2019, 11:51:01 AM
After 8 weeks of bloodtests and medication my dogs thyroid levels are back to normal levels. He's slowly getting back to his old self and we don't need to take him back now for 6 months. So happy  :D :D :D
That's great news.
Always a worry when your pets are suffering.
My dog Dolly is just recovering from her 2nd crutiate operation in less than 4 months and to cap it all she mananged a freak injury whilst on crate rest for the latest knee operation. Thankfully did not involve either of her rear legs. This time it was her front left leg. Whilst stepping out of the crate, she trapped a claw between the crate tray and the cage, continued to walk out and left the whole claw behind. The kitchen looked like an abattoir.
Thankfully she is now on short lead walks but, whilst out and about, has to wear a boot to protect the front left leg whilst her claw hopefully grows back.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Philip.

Quote from: Delboy on August 31, 2019, 12:04:10 PM
Quote from: Philip. on August 31, 2019, 11:51:01 AM
After 8 weeks of bloodtests and medication my dogs thyroid levels are back to normal levels. He's slowly getting back to his old self and we don't need to take him back now for 6 months. So happy  :D :D :D
That's great news.
Always a worry when your pets are suffering.
My dog Dolly is just recovering from her 2nd crutiate operation in less than 4 months and to cap it all she mananged a freak injury whilst on crate rest for the latest knee operation. Thankfully did not involve either of her rear legs. This time it was her front left leg. Whilst stepping out of the crate, she trapped a claw between the crate tray and the cage, continued to walk out and left the whole claw behind. The kitchen looked like an abattoir.
Thankfully she is now on short lead walks but, whilst out and about, has to wear a boot to protect the front left leg whilst her claw hopefully grows back.
Poor Dolly, hope she gets better soon  :thumbsup:

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

railsquid

My local authority here in Japan kindly provides us a with a small sum of money each month for the trouble of having a child, the continued provision of which (the money, not the child) is dependent on filling out a form every year and sending it back before "AN ABSOLUTE YOU REALLY MUST SEND IT BACK BY THIS DATE OTHERWISE NO MONEY FOR YOU" deadline. Which I went and forgot to post, didn't I? Worse, I was actually in the local authority building just before the deadline. So I read the small print very carefully, and noted it said something like "AN ABSOLUTE YOU REALLY MUST SEND IT BACK BY THIS DATE OTHERWISE NO MONEY FOR YOU delays in returning the form will mean your payments may be very delayed" so sent it back anyway, and lo-and-behold a delayed number of months later the usual confirmation of payment (backdated!) dropped into the domestic postage receptacle.

This means I will no longer need to sell the Squidlet to continue to fund my addiction.

Bealman

Interesting the last bit is in fine print.....  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

How many locos will you be able to buy with the child allowance Alan ?

:)

Newportnobby

But if you sold the source of this benefit surely that is self defeating? :confused2: :worried:

Bealman

That's why it's in fine print, methinks.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 11, 2019, 09:39:52 AM
But if you sold the source of this benefit surely that is self defeating? :confused2: :worried:

Not if it's not longer the source of the benefit.

Though it did get me thinking, but turns out after some discreet enquiries I'd have to pay to have him taken away.  :hmmm:

emjaybee

Quote from: railsquid on September 11, 2019, 10:40:14 AM

Though it did get me thinking, but turns out after some discreet enquiries I'd have to pay to have him taken away.  :hmmm:

Damn those recycling charges.

(Just kiddin')
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

railsquid

Quote from: emjaybee on September 11, 2019, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: railsquid on September 11, 2019, 10:40:14 AM

Damn those recycling charges.

Aye, damn meddling ecowarriors, can't go and put them back under the gooseberry bush like in the olden days...

silly moo

I sold off some surplus stock and treated myself to some Dapol SR Maunsell coaches in olive green which I think are excellent value for money. I was even more pleased when I found out they have corridor connectors, I've just tried them out and they work very well 😀 an added bonus.

:NGaugersRule:

RailGooner

Sunday morning I posted this to the TINGS thread...

Quote from: RailGooner on September 15, 2019, 08:49:39 AM
If intending to shop, take lots of cash! I was surprised how many trade stands couldn't take cards. There's an ATM in the main hall that charges £1.85 per transaction. At ~12.00 noon, it ran out while I was trying to withdraw £100 and could only give me £70 - which was probably a blessing in disguise! :-[ I think it got reloaded fairly quickly.

BTW this is the ATM's swansong, it will not be there from next year!

Well I've just been reviewing my account and I see a debit for £101.85 followed by a credit for £101.85 followed by a debit for £70. So I didn't have to pay the £1.85 charge. A small win, is still a win. :)

The Q

My sailing compatriot gets released from hospital today :claphappy: , with wheelchair and walking frame. One problem... His parents have a gravel sloped drive way...

railsquid

So, I have an Apple MacBook Pro laptop bought in 2011, which apart from occasional reboots has been on pretty much all the time of the last 8 years and has had a fairly adventurous life, including circumnavigating the globe a few times, and generally spending a lot of time in a rucksack or being used in random public environments, etc.. Despite all that, the only real hardware issue is that the battery is starting to go (and that can be replaced), and it has a couple of dents. Anyway, I realised it is actually possible to expand the memory on these things, and as it's fairly cheap thought I 'd give it a go (4GB to 16GB) and hey presto, it's now a lot snappier and less prone to "beachballing" and perfectly usable for my purposes. I think if I get the battery replaced I can get another 2~3 years of useful life out of this one (by which point Apple will probably no longer support the OS, but then I can have a crack at putting Linux on it or something).

(And having opened it up after 8 years of use, there was way less dust inside than I imagined).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations