Is it me or is it everyone else...

Started by Zogbert Splod, October 21, 2017, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanders

Quote from: railsquid on October 21, 2017, 04:51:29 PM
Oh, and infinitely scrolling pages, DIE DIE DIE.
Everything you said plus reimplementing the execrable Internet Explorer "Smooth scroll" type scrolling in Javascript so it infects my Chrome on macOS and makes me feel seasick.

port perran

Good website dsigners are, in my opinion, worth their weight in gold. Often IT expers think that they can design websites but it is designers (and good ones) who should actually lay out the design.
My pet hate is home pages that are so very cluttered that it is extremely difficult to find where to go. And good use of colour and effective fontcombinations are essential.
Many of the big companies produce the worst websites.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daffy

Apropos of cluttered sites: with an iPad (my main implement of choice), or any other touch screen device, it is all too easy to find that the intended manoeuvre - e.g. simply scrolling down - frequently makes the webpage jump to another screen, or being up a video, or advert, or....... well, anything other than what I intended! :veryangry:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

stevewalker

If it is on commercial sites, things such as low contrast text are actually breaking the disability discrimination act.

Ian Morton

Quote from: stevewalker on October 23, 2017, 09:32:58 PM
If it is on commercial sites, things such as low contrast text are actually breaking the disability discrimination act.
Not really - it is unreadable for everyone!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations