The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

It is not just DPD UK that are (insert own derogatory word) - they are useless over here in Ireland. Having said that, most of the courier companies in Ireland just can not be bothered delivering to my address because I am in the middle of nowhere. When ordering over t'net now, I look for companies that use Royal Mail or 'Click and Collect' from Argos. Using the latter, I can time the delivery to fit in with our 2 weekly visits to Enniskillen. Not sure how some courier companies survive.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

just spent some considerable time trying to contact DPD, but of course you can't.
they just tell you your parcel has been delivered, redirect you to 'someone who can help' which turns out to be a recording that then cuts you off. :censored:

what a load of cowboys, don't have a map of UK, don't seem to employ people who can read, don't give a toss about customer service, and presumably leave their drivers to face the flak.

where is my .50 cal rifle

mickeyflinn

My wife gets flowers delivered from "Freddie's Flowers" once a fortnight (or weekly if she doesn't cancel that weeks delivery). They used to use their own vans to deliver the flowers until just before Christmas when they moved to DPD for the deliveries.
To say that they don't care is an understatement - she has had damaged flowers, crushed boxes and although it clearly states "fragile flowers" on the box, I've lost count of the number of times I have seen the courier swinging the box as he walks up the drive.
I commented once to the courier about the state of the boxes, and was told that "that's how it was at the depot when I picked it up" - but you can tell when they are "sorting" through the parcels when you hear them hitting the sides and floor of the van (and probably other fragile parcels)!!!
Also, when Freddies delivered them themselves, they used to recycle the boxes by collecting the one from the previous delivery at the same time. Now DPD deliver, the boxes have to go in our recycling as they won't take them.

stevewalker

They're all as bad as each other. I have had UPS try to deliver a package, find no-one in and take it back to the depot - despite me paying for next day delivery and the parcel clearly being labelled "If no-one in, leave with a neighbour" on the delivery instructions and on the package - it was replacement valves for my valve amp and we had about 40 people turning up for a party that night  :censored:

Another parcel was delivered into our blue bin, but no card to say so, so the bin was emptied the following day and the parcel lost  :veryangry:

An Ebay order of a motherboard, processor, memory and cooler that I paid extra to have delivered on a Friday (specifically so I could install and configure it over the weekend), wasn't delivered 'til Tuesday by Royal Mail. Even then, it was just a card through the door, as my wife was ill and took too long to get down the stairs. I managed to go to the parcels office and they were very helpful, phoning the van driver and having him stop off on his way back and deliver while I was at home. I only realised after accepting the parcel and thanking him, why they were so helpful - the parcel clearly had a posting date of the previous Wednesday on it and was marked for "Guaranteed 48hr delivery"!

joe cassidy

Stop moaning about getting your parcels a few days late and think about our friends like George (Bealman), still in hospital, and those who are convalescing like Paul Price and the guy who has just had his detached retina fixed.

stevewalker

While obviously health is a lot more important, it doesn't take away from the inconvenience of parcels being delivered late or wrongly, especially when people have paid extra for a specific delivery date, because that is when they need it. When it means making extra trips, taking time off work, losing pay, etc. it is even worse.

In fact, due to a combination of time off for collecting things that I shouldn't have had to in the run up to Christmas and since, taking my chronically ill wife to numerous hospital appointments, my eldest son to more hospital appointments and my youngest son to half a dozen dental hospital and dentist appointments, I have not only lost a lot of pay that I could not afford, but have now been given a week's notice of ending my contract. Maybe the extra pick-ups didn't make a difference or maybe they were the straw that broke the camel's back.

joe cassidy

Steve I agree with you that time is a precious commodity. Taking time off work to wait for people who don't turn up does make me angry.

On the subject of delayed parcels, I'm still waiting for a tee shirt I ordered from the Malta branch of the Manchester United supporters club in August  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 11, 2019, 10:46:46 PM
Stop moaning about getting your parcels a few days late and think about our friends like George (Bealman), still in hospital, and those who are convalescing like Paul Price and the guy who has just had his detached retina fixed.

Sorry, Joe, but I think the Angry Thread is somewhere for venting of spleens without having to take into consideration the plight of others. I'm quite sure anyone with health/personal issues would not take against anyone with a beef.
The usual forum rules regarding politics etc still apply

joe cassidy

OK Mick - point taken.

Newportnobby

In town with Mother and eldest sister today and we decided to have lunch at Wetherspoons. I plumped for the simple fare of sausage, chips and beans at a reasonable £4.05. However, when I looked at the receipt back at the table, my meal had morphed into sausage, peas, mash and gravy at £6.05. I called a waitress over and she informed me although sausage, chips and beans was on the menu they didn't actually do that any more and she had arranged for me to have sausage, peas, chips and gravy - hence the £6.05 cost. I wasn't going to create too much of a scene so shrugged it off. Lo and behold. when our meals came I was given the non existent sausage, chips and beans along with £2 ???

Meanwhile, back on the 'English' subject, I do enjoy 'Holby City' so was surprised to see my recorder had not switched on as I programmed it to and roundly cursed the damned machine. I did, however, check the TV guide and 'Holby' had been bumped as a certain Parliamentary vote pushed 'Eastenders' back to the 'Holby' slot. I checked the Beeb website this morning to see what had happened and saw 'Holby City cancelled', followed by an explanation and information last night's episode could be seen next Tuesday and next Tuesday's could be seen next Wednesday.
It seems the Beeb cannot grasp it was therefore not cancelled but postponed. ::)

snitchthebudgie

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 13, 2019, 04:18:16 PM
'Holby' had been bumped as a certain Parliamentary vote pushed 'Eastenders' back to the 'Holby' slot.
At the risk of the ire of the moderators, I am surprised you could tell the difference between Holby and Parliament.   :sorrysign:

guest311

Holby - SWMBO watches and won't miss

Parliament - no body watches, and even I couldn't miss with a Charlie G  >:D

not  a political comment, mods, a simple fact  :thumbsup:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 13, 2019, 04:18:16 PM
In town with Mother and eldest sister today and we decided to have lunch at Wetherspoons. I plumped for the simple fare of sausage, chips and beans at a reasonable £4.05. However, when I looked at the receipt back at the table, my meal had morphed into sausage, peas, mash and gravy at £6.05. I called a waitress over and she informed me although sausage, chips and beans was on the menu they didn't actually do that any more and she had arranged for me to have sausage, peas, chips and gravy - hence the £6.05 cost. I wasn't going to create too much of a scene so shrugged it off. Lo and behold. when our meals came I was given the non existent sausage, chips and beans along with £2 ???

Meanwhile, back on the 'English' subject, I do enjoy 'Holby City' so was surprised to see my recorder had not switched on as I programmed it to and roundly cursed the damned machine. I did, however, check the TV guide and 'Holby' had been bumped as a certain Parliamentary vote pushed 'Eastenders' back to the 'Holby' slot. I checked the Beeb website this morning to see what had happened and saw 'Holby City cancelled', followed by an explanation and information last night's episode could be seen next Tuesday and next Tuesday's could be seen next Wednesday.
It seems the Beeb cannot grasp it was therefore not cancelled but postponed. ::)

I was thinking that this was probably in the wrong thread, surely it should be in the 'Slightly miffed' thread...

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

If Louisa was a member of this forum, her comments about the cancelled, (sorry, postponed), Casualty would definitely be in the Angry thread!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

So, after a lengthy vote by all those MPs, Holby will be shown on Tuesday and Wednesday next week?

Is that what they meant by the 'backstop'? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations