UK-Aus Mail Services

Started by Stuart Down Under, April 20, 2020, 03:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbow

A Hattons order just arrived after 41 days, but I've been waiting over 50 days for two other UK deliveries.

Stuart Down Under

And on it goes;

- Hatton's order; sent 16th April, not arrived.
- Osborn's order; sent 22nd April, not arrived.
- Hatton's order; sent 5th May, not arrived.

And still no N Gauge Journal No.2 - No.3 dispatches today!!

:confused2:

Bealman

If you don't get your copy, Stuart, drop them an email. One of mine went missing in the mail last year, and I had a new one in the mail barely a fortnight later.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

longbow

Yes, they could include a replacement copy with the latest issue so that we can read both 45 days from now.

Frankly it's high time that NGS made the journal available online as most other clubs do. No more postal delays, a valuable archive of back issues and they'd save a fortune in postage.

Stuart Down Under

Quote from: longbow on May 22, 2020, 09:28:40 AM
Frankly it's high time that NGS made the journal available online as most other clubs do. No more postal delays, a valuable archive of back issues and they'd save a fortune in postage.

Thanks to this problem, I believe that the Society is now planning to offer the Journal on line from this episode!
:NGaugersRule:

BobB

If the magazine is available as an on-line down load, will it still be available to us if we stop subscribing ? A hard copy filed away is available after we stop subscribing so the downloaded version should be as well in my opinion. Sadly this is not the case with all publications, e.g. Railway Modeller. Just my opinion !

longbow

The 2mm Association has its magazines dating back to 2017 available online to members, and offers a digital-only subscription at a significantly reduced rate to those overseas (what a sensible idea!). So I can read new issues in Oz before most UK members receive it.

MERG's online magazine archive goes back to 1997.

The Scalefour Society has copies of all its magazines available online, as does the Gauge O Guild (going back to 1956!). The latter's archive is also fully indexed and searchable - an invaluable resource when you are looking for a particular topic.

All these clubs allow you to download and save back issues, so you would not lose access to them if you cease to be a member.

It's high time the NGS followed suit.

longbow

Back on topic - with delays in mind I spent a little more to have a parcel sent by Royal Mail international tracked. It was posted on Thursday and it left the UK on Friday, so perhaps things are improving.   

Spoz

You might find the problem is at this end; my last package from Rails (which took 48 days) had obviously been opened before it arrived here, and had a "passed by biosecurity" adhesive label attached.  I suspect there might be quite a backlog while they are checking things coming in from OS.
A non rivet counter in all the scales and prototypes I "model" ......

Graham

Final update to the list.

NO LONGER waiting on a delivery from Revolution which according to my account was marked as complete around 14th March. Parcel still sitting with Revolution awaiting acceptance by RM. Great news to have certainty over the whereabouts of my HOA's. Thanks Ben and Mike for following up.
NO LONGER waiting on the latest NGS mag - arrived finally today, only 12 days after your George - hooray.
NO LONGER waiting on a delivery from YouChoos ordered shipped 25th March
NO LONGER anxiously waiting on a delivery from Rails shipped on 26th March, Rails sent tracking number, checked on RM, left UK on 28th April, arrived here 22nd May. HOOOORAAAAY, checked yesterday with issues more on the Class 70 thread.
NO LONGER waiting on a shipment from DCC Supplies

stay safe
Cheers
Graham
[/quote]

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

thanks for the good wishes, trouble is i have gone and placed more orders, still they are only small packages so shouldn't get too delayed.

longbow

Update - DCC Supplies small parcel just arrived from the UK after 58 days. The next due has been in transit 57 days.

Stuart Down Under

My order from Osborns came today - 37 days, Royal Mail "Priority"!  :hmmm:

Graham

have 2 new ones outstanding now, but as they were only posted within the last 10 days not worrying too much.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations