Dapol 2014/5 catalogue

Started by MinZaPint, March 19, 2014, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BudgieJane

I spoke to Dapol on their stand today, and asked if they'd like to do an Electrostar or three. They did not seem overly enthusiastic about that, in spite of the obvious advantages.

So I asked them about a class 116. "It's all very well doing single-car high-density suburban units; what about a three-car unit?" I asked. They thought for a while, then said that that sounded like a good idea, and they would go away and think about it. "Watch this space," they said.
Best wishes

Jane

jthjth

A scan of the N section of the new catalogue can be found here

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/N-gauge-catalogues.html

Please note it is reproduced by permission of Joel Bright of Dapol.

gc4946

Thanks for providing a link to the catalogue, it's answered some of my queries:

Firstly, the 153 described as Northern Trans Pennine is painted in the ex-FNW blue and gold scheme with Northern logos.

Secondly, the 2014/15 spec 9Fs will have a tungsten chassis with painted metal wheels after all  :claphappy: now I feel happier about the prospect of owning one of my favourite steam locos  :thumbsup:

Thirdly, the Maunsell carriages represent the early 1926-28 59' Restriction 4 (9ft wide) batches built with low side-corridor windows, the last being withdrawn in 1961. None of the passenger-carrying versions as modelled by Dapol currently survive in preservation.
The Van Cs were built 1936-40 and lasted well into the 70s and early 80s, several Van Cs (BR BY) survive on several heritage sites.
Running numbers of examples modelled:
BTK 4048-4051, also BSK (for Newhaven boat trains) 4481-2;
TK 769-778, 783-832, 2349-2355, also SK (for Newhaven boat trains) 4483-6;
CK 5138-50;
FK 7208-27, 7665-74
Van C 400-49, 651-800
Source: Maunsell's SR steam passenger stock 1923-1939 by David Gould (Oakwood Press, 1978)

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Skyline2uk

Hmmm class 142's listed STILL and more importantly for me class 59 listed. Worth a pre-order or should I wait to 2016?

Skyline2uk

Karhedron

Interested to read the selection of weathered locos available. If these are to the same standard as the class 22 and previous 9F then I will be a very happy camper. :thumbsup:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

bridgiesimon

Am still a little confused as to whether the older models will have new chassis, hope so. The mention of Tungsten chassis, is that a development ordid the original ones have them as well, anybody know?

Also still no mention of the sorely missing Mk3 TGS, for crying out loud Dapol listen to your customers!!

Best wishes
Simon

Karhedron

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 22, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
Am still a little confused as to whether the older models will have new chassis, hope so. The mention of Tungsten chassis, is that a development ordid the original ones have them as well, anybody know?
The originals did not have tungsten chassis. However nor did they have tenders (which the catalogue mentions  :doh: ) so I suspect they may have cut and pasted a generic steam loco spec there. I have posted the same question on their facebook page but I suspect it will be next week before we get an answer.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Ben A

Hi Simon

On the Mk3 coaches page at the top is states clearly that the TGS is in development.

cheers

Ben A.

dodger

Quote from: gc4946 on March 22, 2014, 08:30:50 PM
Thanks for providing a link to the catalogue, it's answered some of my queries:

Firstly, the 153 described as Northern Trans Pennine is painted in the ex-FNW blue and gold scheme with Northern logos.

Secondly, the 2014/15 spec 9Fs will have a tungsten chassis with painted metal wheels after all  :claphappy: now I feel happier about the prospect of owning one of my favourite steam locos  :thumbsup:

Thirdly, the Maunsell carriages represent the early 1926-28 59' Restriction 4 (9ft wide) batches built with low side-corridor windows, the last being withdrawn in 1961. None of the passenger-carrying versions as modelled by Dapol currently survive in preservation.
The Van Cs were built 1936-40 and lasted well into the 70s and early 80s, several Van Cs (BR BY) survive on several heritage sites.
Running numbers of examples modelled:
BTK 4048-4051, also BSK (for Newhaven boat trains) 4481-2;
TK 769-778, 783-832, 2349-2355, also SK (for Newhaven boat trains) 4483-6;
CK 5138-50;
FK 7208-27, 7665-74
Van C 400-49, 651-800
Source: Maunsell's SR steam passenger stock 1923-1939 by David Gould (Oakwood Press, 1978)

I always thought the Northern Trans Pennine livery was the pink carried by the class 158's when Arriva operated the Trans Pennine express service.

My worst fears I thought all the early information was showing Maunsell  low-window 6 compartment brakes, not a good choice in my opinion. Still at least I know what to buy now either Farish Bullieds or nothing.

I have been told that manufacturers now announce a model and only start work when sufficient interest has been shown.

Dodger

Paddy

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 22, 2014, 02:33:27 PM
Quote from: Paddy on March 22, 2014, 02:15:25 PM
Well that is quite a list!  Hopefully they will paint the wheels on the next batch of Britannia's.  Still no Gresley coaches in maroon.

Paddy

Blackened wheels on the new Brits apparently.

I've got some maroon Gresleys I was about to saw up for sleepers. Drop me a note if you want to swap or similar

Thanks EtchedPixels but it looks like they may be releasing a new batch of maroon Gresley coaches so I will wait for those.

Many thanks

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Karhedron

Thanks for this information. It is a shame they have not chosen to include a composite brake in the lineup as this would have enabled the BTK-BCK sets that were common in the west country behind an M7 or O2 to be modelled. Ah well, I shall have to settle for a 3-car set.

Caz

Happy teddy, see they are doing a re-run of the FGW HST so I can at last get a second set.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

gc4946

Quote from: Karhedron on March 23, 2014, 08:39:28 AM
Thanks for this information. It is a shame they have not chosen to include a composite brake in the lineup as this would have enabled the BTK-BCK sets that were common in the west country behind an M7 or O2 to be modelled. Ah well, I shall have to settle for a 3-car set.

If Dapol had produced a four-compartment BTK, then it would have been possible to model the 1926-28 3-coach West of England sets formed as BTK (4 compt) + CK + BTK (4 compt) and still have "loose" TKs and FKs to augment the formation.
Following that option would have meant up to 14 3-car sets could have been prototypically assembled (sets 390-399, 445-448) some of them were used from the early 50s on the Somerset & Dorset and the last were withdrawn in 1961.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

ParkeNd

Only 1370 views in 3 days!  Is no-one interested in buying loco any more?

AndyGif

They only thing thats peaked my interest with this list is the Rerun of Evening Star.

No mention of when the 33's or 50's are due, disappointing. I might raise some interest in the hydraulics depending what they get turned out like.

Over all it's a "meh" from me

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations