The Great Model Railway Challenge

Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishModeller

Quote from: class37025 on October 26, 2018, 09:49:04 PM
just watched on my5, and I must admit to being baffled at the result.

one minute it was 'great modelling, but rubbish on the fire & ice' next it was 'they are the winners'.

will need to inbibe some scottish water and rewatch in the hope that I will understand  :beers:
You need more than Scottish water.....

Even after the whisky it's hard to understand - and I was there....

One thing that was not covered about the winning layout was another pre-buildgate situation.

The whole of the upper layout ie engine shed and yard, arrived complete in one piece track laid ballasted and sceniced, to just pop onto the supports that had been built on the main baseboard.

We had prepared to take a lot more stuff pre-built but, after a 'phone call to the production team, decided we could not take any more as we believed we had used out allocation of '6 pre-built items'.

How wrong we were!

Anyway - good fun for all!

ps - This was actually the 1st heat that was filmed, but we got relegated to the 4th for people to view.

Thanks
Thanks
Phil Holman

weave

Hi all,

I'm still watching it and sort of enjoying it but the rules do seem to have gone out of the window.

I was thinking tonight's episode was a tricky one to judge as the winner's layout was the best but nothing to do with 'fire and ice' as such and now I know they brought in that (thank you ScottishModeller) I'm losing heart.

The program just doesn't know what it is. Do one or the the other. They say 'the best professional' modellers at the start of one episode, then say on another that they're not, teams who've never met before, last time only one in a team had modelled trains. Then the nothing to do with the theme.

Who's in charge Sepp Blatter?

Rant over. Sorry, still watchable in a strange way, probably that I now know it's not just me that BIG CHICKENS things up AND a guy was allowed to say the other word on the TV and I can't here :D

Cheers weave  :beers:

Sorry again, been on the vino  :doh:

kirky

Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

paulprice

Who is the Septic Bladder chap?? I bet he models GWR

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: weave on October 26, 2018, 11:49:52 PM

The program just doesn't know what it is. Do one or the the other. They say 'the best professional' modellers at the start of one episode, then say on another that they're not, teams who've never met before, last time only one in a team had modelled trains. Then the nothing to do with the theme.

Totally agree weave.

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Yet_Another

The program knows exactly what it is. We're talking about it, and that's all that matters to the people selling the advertising slots.

Having said which, I missed the last 10 minutes of last night's, and so I thought I'd catch up on the My5 app. What a load of rubbish! They expected me to watch 10 minutes of adverts before it would show me the small part of the programme I was interested in. I deleted the app, and am none the wiser on the result.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

REGP

fisherman

Fascinating to  watch...  winning  team  totally failed to  deliver  the  stated  spec of 'Fire  and  Ice ' and should  have been   third or  disqualified for  not trying!
<o({{{<<

guest311

ie, the ones who turned up with half their layout pre-built  :veryangry:

"One thing that was not covered about the winning layout was another pre-buildgate situation.

The whole of the upper layout ie engine shed and yard, arrived complete in one piece track laid ballasted and sceniced, to just pop onto the supports that had been built on the main baseboard."

see scottish modeller's post

guest311

Quote from: fisherman on October 27, 2018, 04:56:23 PM
Fascinating to  watch...  winning  team  totally failed to  deliver  the  stated  spec of 'Fire  and  Ice ' and should  have been   third or  disqualified for  not trying!

a couple of wagons - yer right, a really embodiment of the requirement.

totally fed up with this, rules broken right left and centre, editing to make people made to look total pratts, can't see a second series happening, only the saddest t***ts would take part to see themselves on tv.

daffy

Does this mean the idea of an NGF team for the next series is stuck in the sidings? :hmmm:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Lawrence

Quote from: class37025 on October 27, 2018, 05:01:07 PM
only the saddest t***ts would take part to see themselves on tv.

Guessing you didn't get accepted then, never mind, you can always apply to be on season 2  :D

RailGooner

Quote from: REGP on October 27, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
The Home Team won

I wonder if that's why they won Ray(?). But as I said to MBH, what is the one trick pony going to do for the next round?!?

Roy L S

Quote from: fisherman on October 27, 2018, 04:56:23 PM

The Home Team would have won no matter how they abused the rules I think, a whole pre-built shed section, the core of the layout really was taking the Pi** big time and their claim to have embodied the week's theme "fire and ice", to be very generous was tenuous. I guess it is mostly intended as entertainment of a sort, with the "drama" we have become accustomed to in such shows, but yes, it is mostly a carrier to support the adverts that run in between really.

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations