Google Search

Started by NGF Staff, November 24, 2010, 09:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn, BRMan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lawrence

Quote from: Mustermark on August 23, 2011, 06:40:15 PM
Quote from: alex crawford on August 23, 2011, 06:13:11 PM
Has anyone ever googled themselves?

Why do I need to Google myself - I already know all about me!

Actually I have just Googled myself, and apparently I am a professional PGA golfer, a world famous magician and I play for my favourite Scottish soccer team Glasgow Celtic.  With my full name I am also a dentist in California, and a telecom professional in Kuala Lumpur!  It seems I lead an exciting life while I'm not looking.

Firstly it is football NOT soccer  ::) and what you call football, can't be, because they use their hands most of the time :smiley-laughing:

As for mentioning Celtic on a civilised forum, really you should wash your mouth out with soap (and before anyone says anything, I don't support Rangers either  :smiley-laughing: )

Newportnobby

If I Google Newport Nobby I'm a 4 mile branch line from Wolverton. This I knew.
If I Google my real name I'm an error in the script on the page. How about that? I'm an error :wave:

scotsoft

Quote from: Tank on August 23, 2011, 07:12:09 PM
'I' was in Eastenders!  Oh dear, the shame!

Sorry Tank but I just Googled scotsoft and this was one of the search results  ::)

longbridge

This I think must be one of the fastest growing forums on the net, how good is it to have a British based N Gauge forum that has an international model railway following, you did well Chris. :NGaugersRule:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

OwL

I Googled OwL's. Surprise Surprise (in best Cilla voice):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl

Welcome to my world. Tweeeeet Twoooo :-\

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

poliss

Of course it's soccer. It's always been soccer. Do you want me to show you my Boy's Book of Soccer for 1960?
Come on Queen of the South. (Guess where my family comes from.)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: alex crawford on August 23, 2011, 06:13:11 PM
Good to know we're at the top of the pile.

Has anyone ever googled themselves?

Alex

I'm still top entry for my name, somewhat beaten by a friend who has a slightly unusual first name and his blog is the top google hit for this first name and my wife is second hit for her first name !

When the internet was a good deal smaller people did far sillier things you can't viably do now - look up "Kibo Number" and imagine trying to do that today!
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

I Googled myself when I was involved in Photography forums, different user name than now but I found at least 10 pages of ravings that I have been involved in.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

moogle

Well done  :NGF:

If I google my real name it comes up with 13,000,000 results!  :o
Didn't quite have time to look at all of them  ::) but in brief:
I'm an American race car driver, a new and used car salesman in Oklahoma, an artist and a director of several companie's.
Honestly don't know where I find the time!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

ToothFairy

Quote from: newportnobby on August 23, 2011, 07:17:45 PM
If I Google my real name I'm an error in the script on the page. How about that? I'm an error :wave:

Reminds me of a great line on the Goon Show: Wallace Greenslade referred to "the well-known typographical error, Mr Spike Milligna". Lovely.

- Michael

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations