Started by Firstone18, September 30, 2021, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firstone18

This has most likely been asked before, but I couldn't find when I searched - probably the wrong term used.
I also a MERG member, and on their forum is a 'new posts' button which lists all the new posts of the day.
Is there a way to find similar on the NGF? I don't necessarily want to see all unread posts since last visit, just those posted on the day of my visit to the forum.
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

ntpntpntp

"Unread since last visit" fulfils that task though doesn't it?   Shows the latest ones first so just scroll back as far as you want to go.    That's the option I've always used.

Do you mean you want to see posts you've already read that day again?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Firstone18

Unread since last visit is 4 or more pages - too many to look through quickly.
I was hoping for something like 'new posts today' to limit the number to possibly just one page's worth.
I can see in the right most column 'today' is showing - is it possible to filter somehow so only 'today' shows?
Perhaps I need more practice with this forum to find way of filter so I just see what I wish to see.
Thanks for replying anyway.
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

ntpntpntp

Surely just stop going to the next page when you hit one which isn't "today"?   To be honest I rarely go beyond the first page unless I've missed a few days worth of posts.

What do you do on MERG's New Posts function if you want yesterday's posts?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: Firstone18 on September 30, 2021, 03:54:11 PM
I can see in the right most column 'today' is showing - is it possible to filter somehow so only 'today' shows?

They're in temporal order, newest at the top. If you only want today's, stop when you get to one posted yesterday.
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations