NGF security message

Started by Bealman, April 02, 2020, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Had it intermittently on mobile earlier.

QuotePeer could not decode an SSL handshake message.

Probably just glitches in the interwebs, social distancing means the bits find it harder to do the handshake.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Getting it again this morning, and it's on my mobile.

Not life threatening, but bloody annoying.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

all ok for me, could be related to which Mobile network you are on.

Bealman

Could be, I guess, but NewportNobby got one last night as did others over there. But it could be related to their providers too, maybe.  :hmmm:

Graham

ah yes! curios. i have been getting a similar message from the Revolution site occasionally. It must be all the people now working from home overloading it for us retired folk.

Bealman

OK, next time I get one. How do I do that on me laptop again? I've forgotten!  :-[

railsquid

Just got it on the computer at home:

Bealman

That's the one! Just got it on my mobile looking at this, too.

railsquid

Personally I think someone should finally hunt down and capture this Peer guy, who's been interrupting internet connections for going on quarter of a century now.

Graham

Not sure if this is relevant, but checked the address line on my browser and it had the a (i) where the padlock would normally be. So took the attached for the techs to check.

It appears to depend on which page you are on for this to occur. at the moment all are showing the padlock.

cheers
Graham

PLD

Quote from: Graham on April 03, 2020, 03:40:24 AM
Not sure if this is relevant, but checked the address line on my browser and it had the a (i) where the padlock would normally be. So took the attached for the techs to check.

It appears to depend on which page you are on for this to occur. at the moment all are showing the padlock.

cheers
Graham
That's an indication of insecure element within an otherwise secure page - most likely an image hosted off site, ether a posted image or someone's avatar?

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on April 03, 2020, 03:35:53 AM
Personally I think someone should finally hunt down and capture this Peer guy, who's been interrupting internet connections for going on quarter of a century now.

I quite agree. He's a complete and utter gynt >:(

tutenkhamunsleeping

Aye, that's Smorgan alright ;)

ntpntpntp

Some internet comments seem to link this error to the TLS security level being negotiated for the secure connection.  I know from work that recommended TLS security level has been increased over the past year and we had to make changes to some of our external system connections.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

Touch wood, nothing this evening so far (8.05pm AEST)  :laugh2:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations