Slow?

Started by Jimbo, January 24, 2017, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I agree everything seems very slow to load at present.

Delboy

Jimbo,
Do you tend to leave your computer on all the time?
If so my initial suggestion of re-booting computer and modem ever now and then, should make a difference to your internet speeds.
Also worth checking on line what your internet speed is (google broadband speed checker) and test your line, as some providers (no names) do slow things down for all at busy times.
My suggestion for CCleaner is still an option although I must confess, I do not have Windows 10 so did not know of the clean up option within it.
I swear by CCleaner and use it when I am uninstalling software as well since it tends to be more reliable than the earlier Windows systems.
Cheers Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Jimbo

Quote from: Delboy on January 27, 2017, 04:53:51 PM
Jimbo,
Do you tend to leave your computer on all the time?
If so my initial suggestion of re-booting computer and modem ever now and then, should make a difference to your internet speeds.
Also worth checking on line what your internet speed is (google broadband speed checker) and test your line, as some providers (no names) do slow things down for all at busy times.
My suggestion for CCleaner is still an option although I must confess, I do not have Windows 10 so did not know of the clean up option within it.
I swear by CCleaner and use it when I am uninstalling software as well since it tends to be more reliable than the earlier Windows systems.
Cheers Delboy.

Hi @Delboy , thank you, you're right! It is on all the time we're indoors actually! Will do a reboot now and again as you suggest and see how we get on....I suppose that must have the effect of stirring it up a bit, like I said it may not be a forum issue, could be allsorts of reasons really I suppose e.g. internet speeds at certain times of day etc.....it does seem to be quite random  :hmmm:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Delboy

Jimbo,
I would test it at various times in the day and evening and establish if there is a pattern to the speed changes. i have known people to complain to the provider and as if by magic the speed increases emphatically. As I said some providers "throttle down" the feeds at times.
I am with a provider that does not and rarely have problems but when I do, I usually run my faithful CCleaner or just re-boot everything.
Good luck,
Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

Forum verrryyy sloooooowww this morning :sleep: 09.20 onwards

Back to normal service @ 10.02

daffy

My turn for very slow NGF this morning :(

All other websites are loading as fast as usual.

:confused2:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Yet_Another

Very slow this evening. I couldn't get in at all between 17:15 & 17:30 - 'the server dropped the connection'

It's taking a long time to do anything. Just loading this page took 17 seconds, according to the stats at the bottom.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

njee20

I get timeouts at least once a day. Usually back to normal within 10 minutes. Viewing on mobile, so nothing to do with throttled ISPs or similar as I view on the move too.

daffy

Been bad on this website only all evening, with cannot connects and slow connects - the former very common.

Giving up for the day.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Tank

Thanks all.  It must have been server problems yesterday.  Seems fine now.

port perran

Very slow here ten minutes ago here and has been intermittently for a few days.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

All smooth and slick here in Oz, even on phone, as of now.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jimbo

Quote from: Only Me on February 20, 2017, 09:39:09 AM
I fixed it earleir this morning it was a cache issue.

I get those!.....Cash issues!  :laugh3:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

austinbob

Quote from: Jimbo on February 20, 2017, 10:03:28 AM
Quote from: Only Me on February 20, 2017, 09:39:09 AM
I fixed it earleir this morning it was a cache issue.

I get those!.....Cash issues!  :laugh3:
I get no cash issues.  :hmmm:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

It just dumped my last post. No internet connection.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations