Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

porkie

Quote from: captainelectra on March 23, 2013, 09:35:07 PM
I think you want test coach "Prometheus"...

and not this "Prometheus"

Now thats a coach I wouldnt mind building. Are they your sides adam?
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Bealman

Dave & Mike: I love the nouveau Antipodian!  :thumbsup: But do you mean rat :poop: Dave! Geez I look for ways of getting that icon in somewhere!  :D

Anyway, off topic... back to thread.... yes, that is indeed a great and unusual vehicle, porkie. Out of my era, but a fantastic looking model. Great weathering there too, COMMANDER electra! I am aware that you advertise here... are they indeed your sides? Brilliant.  :thumbsup:

Cheers, George.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevieboy

Cue spilt gear, but here's my latest purchase. Disgruntled that the latest EWS 66 is to be weathered only I scoured the net for a past release and found this. Having seen so many sheds about it would feel wrong not having one.

Expecting the worst before I run it in I was pleasantly surprised. It's a little noisy compared to my other big diesels but not by much. I read a tip about adding tape to the inside of the body and this has helped further.

Further running in currently underway, just need a load for it now.

Skyline2uk

Is that a Farish example Stevie? If it does give you split-gear related problems.....

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4129.135

;)

Skyline2uk

stevieboy

Bealman

Thanks for that link, Skyline2uk! I have posted a comment on that thread.

Skyline2uk

:offtopicsign:

Ahem, I promise I will stop milking this now  :-[

I have got a little confused with the quoting and threads and such, so I have copied all my photos and explanations to the "Filton TMD" thread.

Apologies to the admins for all these posts!

However, if this is of any use to anybody I am glad, just so long (broken record AGAIN!) as nobody hates me if it goes wrong!

Skyline2uk

silly moo

Please elaborate on the tip concerning adding tape to the body of noisy locos, what type of tape and where does it go etc.  I haven't heard that one before and have some real growlers.

Regards

Veronica.

:NGaugersRule:

stevieboy

Quote from: silly moo on March 27, 2013, 12:33:20 AM
Please elaborate on the tip concerning adding tape to the body of noisy locos, what type of tape and where does it go etc.  I haven't heard that one before and have some real growlers.

Regards

Veronica.

:NGaugersRule:

I read on the Reviews section for this loco that some owners found benefits by adding tape to the inside faces of the shell.

I used black insulation tape cut in half width ways along each side. I avoided the top due to the coils on the PCB. If anything it stops the shell transmitting vibrations from the motor and running gear.

swisstony

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 27, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Ok now, don't laugh out loud! Here we have a conversion of 6 LIMA Mk1's into a ficticious ScotRail High Speed Track Recording Unit.

What loco is going to pull this lot?   :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-gauge-Lima-Scotrail-High-Speed-Track-Recording-Coach-Mk1-/271168758847?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f22eae43f&nma=true&si=SeKFpQpvUPcavhtHzpux3s5CJwM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I could sell you a lovely Farish Class 170 in Scotrail for each end :D I only bought it because I wanted the middle car to convert my Cross Country into a 3 car set....

Bealman

stevieboy

I think my next investment should be a decent camera and proper light bulbs, but in the meantime.....

Really nice little wagon, just need an 03 now

Tank

Lovely wagon!  I have the same one saved in my 'Watched List' on eBay!  :)

AC

Bought this the other day. It was the last one on the shelf and I decided to buy it. Not the best photo...
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations