can you have too many locos?

Started by portland-docks, September 10, 2013, 09:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr magnolia

you need to get rid of those steamers and get some more proper stuff.......
:-)

daveg

Trev

One of our local N gauge club members has more than 160 and I think I'm right in saying that he doesn't even have a layout to run them on. - Great for the when the club exhibits it's own layouts  :D
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

portland-docks

Im glad everyone said no, now i can show this to my dad and tell him hea being silly!

Plus iv got him working from home today waiting for my railtour to arrive from old warren parkway lol
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Trev

Quote from: mr magnolia on September 11, 2013, 07:11:57 AM
you need to get rid of those steamers and get some more proper stuff.......
:-)

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: ???   :no:
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

portland-docks

EtchedPixels

I'm sure it'll self correct. If you think locos are expensive try girlfriends  :help:

(runs)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

texhorse

And wives.  Then you have to sneak your new purchases past the other half so that she doesn't know you've been buying again.

:uneasy:

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

portland-docks

Quote from: texhorse on September 11, 2013, 10:49:38 AM
And wives.  Then you have to sneak your new purchases past the other half so that she doesn't know you've been buying again.

:uneasy:

Andy

The joys of being single lol

texhorse

There's a fabulous feeling of relief when you put the loco on the track, put the box on the storage shelf and switch it on.  Whew!  She never knew a thing.

I would imagine there are several people all over the world who are model railroaders, or railway modellers who can associate with this.

It's kind of like having ebay on the internet on your office computer.  The boss walks in, so you switch over to the Excel spreadsheet before he sees what you are up to....

:hmmm:

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

AndyGif

Depends who you ask.....

ME: No
SWMBO: YES!!!!

4x2

Quote from: texhorse on September 11, 2013, 10:54:36 AM
There's a fabulous feeling of relief when you put the loco on the track, put the box on the storage shelf and switch it on.  Whew!  She never knew a thing.

I would imagine there are several people all over the world who are model railroaders, or railway modellers who can associate with this.

It's kind of like having ebay on the internet on your office computer.  The boss walks in, so you switch over to the Excel spreadsheet before he sees what you are up to....

:hmmm:

Andy
They know, she just didn't catch you in the act !

I would buy every loco ever made in N if I could - even Lima  !  :o But without a lottery win I'll have to make do with a dozen...
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

portland-docks

My dad says when you gonna stop buying locos, i said when they stop making them!

texhorse

I have my stuff delivered to work as well.  It's just how you get them from the car, past the sentry (or wife), down the garden to the shed.  Thankfully, my pockets are deep.  If I modelled O Gauge, I'd be screwed....

Andy ;D
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

mereman

Having taken early retirement I don't have that option :D But Mrs mereman is very supportive :claphappy: As for getting rid of the kettles what a silly idea :smiley-laughing:
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations