The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbeast

We get those here in Canada too (not HMRC, Revenue Canada), when we were still in the office, my Boss used to get them and bring his phone out into the office, put it on speaker and try and play them along for as long as he could.. was fun

chrism

Quote from: dannyboy on April 08, 2021, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on April 08, 2021, 03:05:18 PM
Just had an automated call from HMRC telling me they have an arrest warrant out for me.

That's what you get for posting videos of poor puddy cats!  :)

I don't think HMRC stands for Her Majesty's Royal Cats, you know.

;D

dannyboy

Thought it was Her Majesty's Royal Corgis.  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Can someone tell me why Britain is seemingly celebrating when this is the global situation this morning:

- figures and graphs are whole world.
>:(

Frankly I think this coming out of lockdown is nuts.
I have an awful feeling we are heading for disaster for the sake of a haircut, a pint and a browse around the shops. Or so it seems.
This war on Covid is not over. Not by a long way.

(I've gone for the overly simplistic approach above, as I'm angry, and it's what you do when you are angry.)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on April 15, 2021, 08:48:15 AM

I have an awful feeling we are heading for disaster for the sake of a haircut, a pint and a browse around the shops. Or so it seems.
This war on Covid is not over. Not by a long way.

I agree. It's giving the Covidiots carte blanche to do what they want without masks and distancing. Most sensible people know the Covid effects will be around until at least next year and then maybe settle down to a similarity to the flu bug but we have far too many selfish plonkers for our own good.
As for what's going on in India in the name of religious festivals................. ???

javlinfaw7

Turkey is just as bad with the health minister attending funerals  that have thousands there with no masks or social distancing.and the ruling party holding mass rallies

JBQFC

due to lockdown I have not used my mobile for a while it is with EE turned it on today as i do once a week to find they have cut me off and closed my account without any warning so contacted them to told as I have not used it in a while I have to get a new sim and cannot get a refund of the £12 credit I had then they called me a liar when I told them I had not had any warning texts  :censored:
so i am off to plusnet  as Clare is with them and has not had any problems

John

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on March 29, 2021, 07:43:08 PM
at 19.10 this evening, phone cal from Pet scan dept,
'can you make it tomorrow ......'
NO
just about every day this week SWMBO has appointments to be swabbed,  proded, scanned or otherwise invaded.
nearly every day we get phone call from someone who wants to change something or introduce themselves.

she's not even had a diagnosis yet, but we've got the Macmillan nurses phoning to introduce themselves..

and we know what that means....

so she sits down this evening to watch her soaps on tv, for which we have to pay the BBC even though we never watch their  :poop: programs, and just about every channel is pixelated, or not working.

is it even worth bothering to keep living, or are they determined to drive us all to suicide ???

just an update

well, we've had the dreaded telephone consult, and it is good news and bad.

there is no sign of any cancer other than in the lung,
but it is 96% certain that it is lung cancer.

CT biopsy is not being considered, and SWMBO is being referred to Guys Hospital in London with a view to having surgery rather than radio therapy in Brighton, 6 weeks of daily visits  !

next step is most likely a telephone consult with Guys.

not as bad as it could be, thank goodness.

now I just need to convince SWMBO of that.

stevewalker

Good luck to you both. Bad news that it is cancer, but good that it has not spread and should therefore be able to be dealt with.

Newportnobby

Minor stuff compared to what's going on with others, but I had a text yesterday from my GP surgery asking me to make an appointment for my annual heart review (strange really, as I didn't have one last year). I dutifully rang this morning and was waiting for 21 minutes to get through, all the while being bombarded by a woman's voice telling me "Your call will be answered as soon as possible by a receptionist" (you mean they have more than one?) and "Please note all calls are recorded" interspersed with the most tedious music you have ever heard in your life while another voice cut in now and then to say "You are 11th in the queue" etc. When I finally got through the earliest offered appointment was 14th May.
Why am I angry?
Due to the horrendous music etc I then had to call The Samaritans to say how suicidal I felt ::)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 16, 2021, 11:02:16 AM
make an appointment for my annual heart review (strange really, as I didn't have one last year).

Just remember it wasn't me wot said you were heartless!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Minor stuff compared to what's going on with others, but I had a text yesterday from my GP surgery asking me to make an appointment for my annual heart review (strange really, as I didn't have one last year). I dutifully rang this morning and was waiting for 21 minutes to get through, all the while being bombarded by a woman's voice telling me "Your call will be answered as soon as possible by a receptionist" (you mean they have more than one?) and "Please note all calls are recorded" interspersed with the most tedious music you have ever heard in your life while another voice cut in now and then to say "You are 11th in the queue" etc. When I finally got through the earliest offered appointment was 14th May.
Why am I angry?
Due to the horrendous music etc I then had to call The Samaritans to say how suicidal I felt ::)

I'm surprised you didn't realise that this is a new diagnostic service offered by the NHS Cardiology Department. It's quite simple really: it's a stress test. The fact that you survived is a measure of how good your heart is.😉
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

Why am I angry?

at least they told your place in the queue, I've had the 'high volume of calls, waiting time is half an hour on aver..... brr brrr 'hello'
and on other occasions waited the half an hour or more [usually Royal Mail]

did once move from 5th > 4th  > 3rd > 2nd > 4th  :veryangry:

I must say though, I did like the suggestion that it was a stress test  :smiley-laughing:

stevewalker

My wife is classed as highly vulnerable to Covid-19 and had her first vaccination in February. She was due her second on Saturday, but had to have another (delayed) treatment within the 14 days before and was told she could not have the second vaccination on the due date, so was told to phone the GP today to re-arrange. She phoned, only to be told that they have no idea when they will get stocks again and have no further clinics planned for the type of vaccine she needs and to phone 119.

119 told her that as her first dose was through the GP, her second dose must be too and anyway, if they booked her in anywhere, she would almost certainly not get the correct type of second dose.

Back to the GP, whose only response was to "red flag" her for contact as soon as they know when vaccine will be available. She only has 12 days of the allowable window left and no clue when another clinic may be arranged.

Surely there must be some system for dealing with those that were unable to have their second dose and where the initial dose arranger is unable to arrange another date?

guest311

don't worry.
IIRC initially the two doses were supposed to be 3 weeks apart, then because the govt wanted to get more people their first jab, it was increased to 12 weeks 'on the latest scientific advice'.

I'm sure it wont be long before it gets changed again. I think it's called moving the goal posts  >:(

the worry is what happens if you miss the 12 week window, do you need to start again.

we, unprofessional people would think that it would make sense to go ...
first dose 11th Feb, book appointment for second dose by 11th may, AND PUT IT ON THE CARD you get when you have your first dose.

but then, what would we know.

in the same way, the GP should know when treatment which stops her from having the second jab is planned, then it's no use giving her a appointment within the 14 days.

brewery, celebration, organise comes to mind.

hopefully you'll get it sorted in time, it all causes additional stress which is the last thing you need.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations