The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: Geoff on January 23, 2015, 09:09:00 PM
Quote from: Kipper on January 23, 2015, 09:00:46 PM
Currys delivered a new washing machine but, as it is hard wired into the wall, rather than a 3 pin plug, they will not install. So, had to do it myself, which involved grovelling under the work top, cutting off plug and then fitting wires into terminal block on the wall plate, screwing on water pipe and threading waste pipe through hole in cabinet side, and then trying to get out of resulting 2 inch gap!! (Well, wider than that, but ruddy tight). All worked afterwards, so have some clean clothes now!
Someone from down the road has been round, drinking my beer, and commented that I had broken the law, and should have got an electrician in to do the wiring into the wall plate thing. Hmmm, should I be worried, or should I fork out another hundred notes to get a man in to do it, and give me a bit of paper to prove it is safe?

The beer swigging bloke is right but if you have done it yourself and you can live with it whats the problem.  ;)

Most things in our 'new' house are being certified.

I'm told I will be next!  :wave:  :P

Dave G

Malc

I'm not certain as AFAIK the regs refer to fixed wiring. The flex, I don't think is fixed.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Kipper

I am confused, especially as you do things in your own house, without thinking (I was not wearing a hard hat or hi-vis jacket either!). See what you mean about fixed wiring v flex. I usually get the ceiling lights fitted by a sparky, as my balance is not good, and i cannot fix them above my head. Never got a certificate from them though. Still, job done now - and the new Samsung Ecobubble  washers are brilliant (other washing machines are available).

Oldun

Quote from: Kipper on January 24, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
and the new Samsung Ecobubble  washers are brilliant (other washing machines are available).

Until they go wrong. Our Samsung Ecobubble is 11 months old and we have been waiting
since the middle of October for a spare part.

In the meantime we have bought another washing machine and have made a claim for a
refund on the grounds of 'Not fit for purpose'.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Kipper

Stewart_Dickin

Does anybody have any experience with Dapol Service agents DCC supplies?
I have submitted two "tickets" through their website, the only reply being
an automated EMail response to acknowledge receipt of message.
First ticket submitted in September 2014 2nd Ticket last week.
The more recent ticket is urgent as the model is days off its 6 month
warranty expiration.
I am most annoyed at being ignored as one of my locos is useless,
was expensive and had little use.
I live in Australia so I can't pop over to the shop to prod them and will be even more
annoyed if I have to make an expensive international call to get them
moving.
I had a similar motor failure with Farish once. They dispatched a replacement
motor at my request with no fuss, expense or delay.

Now that I've finished venting,
I would like to hear the experience other customers have had with the Dapol Warranty
service at DCC Supplies.

Stew :veryangry:

Tdm

My limited experience with them is just the opposite of yours.

I contacted them recently about purchasing new bogies for a Class 73 I had bought at a Train Fair in the U.K. back in December 2013 and for which I had no paperwork.

They emailed back to say they would send me 2 replacement bogies at no cost,
and these arrived in Tenerife yesterday.

Can't complain about that.

austinbob

Quote from: Stewart_Dickin on January 28, 2015, 09:58:11 PM
Does anybody have any experience with Dapol Service agents DCC supplies?
I have submitted two "tickets" through their website, the only reply being
an automated EMail response to acknowledge receipt of message.
First ticket submitted in September 2014 2nd Ticket last week.
The more recent ticket is urgent as the model is days off its 6 month
warranty expiration.
I am most annoyed at being ignored as one of my locos is useless,
was expensive and had little use.
I live in Australia so I can't pop over to the shop to prod them and will be even more
annoyed if I have to make an expensive international call to get them
moving.
I had a similar motor failure with Farish once. They dispatched a replacement
motor at my request with no fuss, expense or delay.

Now that I've finished venting,
I would like to hear the experience other customers have had with the Dapol Warranty
service at DCC Supplies.

Stew :veryangry:

I had a problem with a class 22 diesel and sent Dapol an email asking what I should do to return the loco for replacement or repair. That was a couple of months ago. No acknowledgement - no response - nothing!!. I didn't contact DCC supplies but I would have thought that Dapol would have at least asked me to contact them if they do the repairs.
In any event the sale of goods act says it is the retailers responsibility to repair, replace, refund for faulty product. In this case I bought the product direct from Dapol so it is their responsibility to sort out any problems. So why didn't I get a response from them?

Their customer service is just as poor as the quality of some of their products. - Not impressed!!!
Fortunately after several  hours of running in the loco is just about useable but still has faults. Not worth the hassle of chasing Dapol to resolve the problem.
:veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mickeyflinn

I have some recent experience with DCC Supplies;

1. Green class 22 from the milk tanker set, bought directly from Dapol in December - it died a couple of weeks ago, contacted Dapol by phone who asked me to contact DCC Supplies. Phoned them, and was e-mailed a free-post returns label almost immediately. This has now been repaired and on it's way back to me (will report on quality of the repair when I get the loco back).

2. Ordered a centre wheel set for my A4 'Wild Swan' as the quartering was out on one of the wheels. Managed to rotate the affected wheel almost into its correct position very shortly after ordering the part, so submitted a 'ticket' asking them to cancel the order. This was acknowledged within a few hours and the order was cancelled. Now here comes the problem - I am still waiting for my Paypal refund 2 weeks later; contacted them asking where my refund was, 'can take up to 10 working days' was the reply. I've already contacted Paypal and started a dispute because I don't see why the refund shouldn't be automatic when an order is cancelled.

GeeBee

Just spent the last 5 days feeling like death warmed up finally got through to Doctors to be informed there is a virus going the rounds, the district matron turned up to take my weekly results took one look at both myself and Pam called for a doctor who promptly diagnosed severe chest infections result both of us on Antibiotics and Steriods no work on the railway for at least a fortnight

Stewart_Dickin

Thanks for the replies guys,

Score for Dapol Warranty Service gauged from replies so far

50% Bad
25% neutral
25% good

I would say not a good score so far Dapol
its such a shame, producing models that look great is awesome
but they need to work as well.
Arguably this may be more important than the looks.

Stew

Bealman

As in the Union Mills philosophy.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Stewart_Dickin

Quote from: Bealman on January 29, 2015, 02:20:53 AM
As in the Union Mills philosophy.

Maybe I could put dapol bodys on Mills mechanism and
get the best of both worlds.

I'm still keeping score and judge Bealman's post as anti Dapol

The Dapol Shame or Fame Chart

-  %60
= %20
+ %20

It will be interesting to see how this progresses but
in all fairness everyone loves to complain but rarely offers praise.
I might have to start a new thread maybe

The           Dapol Zum Appell ,, Line up and account for yourself Dapol. >:D
bow to the pressure of your life giving customers. :laugh:

Stew

Bealman

I actually own only one Dapol locomotive - a kettle, and am quite happy with it, but admit that one loco is hardly a statistically valid sample!!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Stewart_Dickin

Quote from: Bealman on January 29, 2015, 03:47:43 AM
I actually own only one Dapol locomotive - a kettle, and am quite happy with it, but admit that one loco is hardly a statistically valid sample!!

Sorry to sound like a dummy but which one is the Kettle ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations