The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loco4401

Quote from: deltic 187a on July 16, 2013, 12:57:27 AM
Very angry with myself tonight - been bidding on a Zephyr controller on ebay, auction ended tonight and I forgot all about it - missed out by a fiver............. >:( :veryangry: >:( :veryangry:

Note to self - just go out and buy one............!!!!!

Evilbay half the time its cheaper to buy it new than 2nd hand

Pengi

Quote from: deltic 187a on July 16, 2013, 12:57:27 AM
Very angry with myself tonight - been bidding on a Zephyr controller on ebay, auction ended tonight and I forgot all about it - missed out by a fiver............. >:( :veryangry: >:( :veryangry:

Note to self - just go out and buy one............!!!!!

Similar thing happened to me recently, lost out by £2 :(. I console myself by thinking that, if I had bid, then I might have got into a bidding war and still lost  ;)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

deltic 187a

That's why I never leave a large automatic bid, as some idiot will always outbid you at the last minutes.
Unfortunately what Loco says is right - the days of e bay being a cheap place to shop is long gone, in fact I have been keeping an eye on controllers and some of the buy it now prices are outrageous!
farish Poole - J94, pannier, 101 DMU, Cl33, cl08.
Minitrix - 2 warships, cl27, A4
Kato - weird centre cab orange loco -JNR DD-51
Tomix - little 060 shunter

scotsoft

Controllers have been commanding high prices for a long time on eBay now.  I was lucky enough to win a Kato controller for £23 last year but they normally go for nearly new prices.

cheers John.

deltic 187a

That is so true John,

I think it is time to start looking elsewhere and buy new from a proper model shop.

cheers
Trev.
farish Poole - J94, pannier, 101 DMU, Cl33, cl08.
Minitrix - 2 warships, cl27, A4
Kato - weird centre cab orange loco -JNR DD-51
Tomix - little 060 shunter

Agrippa

Quote from: deltic 187a on July 16, 2013, 11:14:27 AM

I think it is time to start looking elsewhere and buy new from a proper model shop.

cheers
Trev.

A dodgy looking Vortrack controller failed to sell on Ebay the other day, no bids,
suggested opening bid + post was about 75% of a brand new one from  the makers.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Skyline2uk

Migraine  :(

Been next to useless at work today (no change there then) but it that's after me limping in...

Not good.

Skylin2uk   

Tank

Quote from: Skyline2uk on July 17, 2013, 06:36:39 PM
Migraine  :(

I know how that feels buddy.  Hope you manage to get rid of it soon, or can at least relax at home later.

Skyline2uk

Thanks muchly Tank,

Thankfully the strongest over the counters I could get and a good nights sleep seems to have sorted it. Not had one for a long time, don't miss em!

Skyline2uk

Bealman

I'm on the old pain killers at moment too..... had a toothache for months, had $1000 worth of dental treatment which did nothing, so ended up having it taken out last monday - and it still hurts.

Actually I can't work out what hurts the most... me tooth or me wallet.  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

loco4401

I think the wallet would be hurting

Bealman

Yeah.... with a trip to the UK and Europe coming up two weeks today, that's $1000 I could have done without parting with, even if it had done the job on the tooth! As it is, I'm just hoping I don't need more treatment between then and now.... but seeing as I am in pain as I'm sitting here typing this, I'm not hopeful. I certainly don't want to drag the hurt on the trip with me.  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Hope the pain goes away B'man, so you can enjoy your trip.

Dave G

EtchedPixels

Gak ... boiling hot night and then came downstairs at 5am to get a cold drink and stepped on a slug in my bare feet in the kitchen.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 19, 2013, 02:48:15 PM
Gak ... boiling hot night and then came downstairs at 5am to get a cold drink and stepped on a slug in my bare feet in the kitchen.

:laughabovepost: Sorry Alan but find it so funny.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations