The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Don't need thieves here in Italy during the winter the legalised bandits who run the gas supply just rob us blind. Last months gas bill over 180 Euros and we only have the heating on for 2 Hours a day !!  :veryangry:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Kipper

Had the scan, and nothing showed up that shouldn't be there. Report will go to the oncologist, who I see in May, but doubt she will be able to do anything. Bloke who did the scan said it would be up to me to monitor, and to contact the hospital if it gets worse. So, there is nothing there, but if that nothing gets worse, then they will look at it again!
And what's more, the shop that has my Merchant Navy in for repair has lost it!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on April 12, 2013, 01:41:58 PM
Had the scan, and nothing showed up that shouldn't be there. Report will go to the oncologist, who I see in May, but doubt she will be able to do anything. Bloke who did the scan said it would be up to me to monitor, and to contact the hospital if it gets worse. So, there is nothing there, but if that nothing gets worse, then they will look at it again!
And what's more, the shop that has my Merchant Navy in for repair has lost it!

Sounds a bit like "Do you want the good news or the bad news" :worried:

Kipper

That was how it was, funnily enough. He did the scan and said that everything was OK, but if I thought I had a problem it was up to me to sort it. In other words "it's all in the mind". I assured him that, if I wanted to walk around with what felt like a gobstopper stuck in my throat, I would never bother anyone again, but I don't want it. If it is the internal scar tissue, then I will have to put up with it, but I would prefer to know.

scotsoft

It cannot be easy living with an unknown like that  >:(

Let's hope your Merchant Navy turns up soon  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

dodger112958

Hi Kipper, not sure if the first part of your test is good, neutral, or bad, they basically told you s*d all, now its down to you to moniter it. As for the second part let's hope they are already in the process of ordering you a new Merchant Navy class as well as a little something for your trouble.
Ian
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on April 12, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
That was how it was, funnily enough. He did the scan and said that everything was OK, but if I thought I had a problem it was up to me to sort it. In other words "it's all in the mind". I assured him that, if I wanted to walk around with what felt like a gobstopper stuck in my throat, I would never bother anyone again, but I don't want it. If it is the internal scar tissue, then I will have to put up with it, but I would prefer to know.

10 days ago I went to the doc as I have some odd goings on underneath my arms that, to my mind, should not be happening. Being a smoker for 45 years I was in somewhat of a lather but I was just told "we'll monitor it" (whatever that means) and even though I strongly pushed for an X ray I was still only in the quack's for 10 minutes.
What a waste of time that was. Are they going to monitor it remotely or is it down to me ??? :veryangry:

Kipper

If I had monitored the original lump in my neck, the tumour would have migrated to the lung - and that is a form of lung cancer you do not want. When removed, the tumour was a couple of mm from the right lung, and if it had been left much longer, it would have combined with the lung. Thankfully my GP was switched on enough to send me for a scan. I would risk the wrath of your doctor, and ask for a second opinion.

Skyline2uk

I am not really qualified to comment on the state of Doctors, other than the last Friday attempt to book an appointment re my shoulder at my local GP degenerating into a face (hello, can I book an appointment?.....Not for today...When is your next available slot?....Wednesday at 11:00....none at Lunchtime?.....No.....What about next Friday afternoon?.....Will have to ring up on the morning.....  ???).

I just dosed up on pain killers and its gone away.

BUT

I wish both of you all the best and hope neither of your problems are serious.

Skyline2uk

longbridge

Monitor it yourself, crikey I have never heard of anything like that before, people complain about our Aussie health system but after hearing this story they have nothing to moan about.

Doctors and hospitals here bend over backwards to find problems with peoples ailments, I feel very sorry for you Kipper it must be a real worry, I wouldn't be to worried about the loco they are replaceable but you are not, I just hope these whacky doctors find out what is causing your symptoms and help you out.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Some years back I was suddenly unwell. Breathless and very wobbly. The doc told me it was because  I was fat.  I was then forty years old, 11 and a bit stone and 5ft 6in tall. Not too fat, I thought.

I challenged that diagnosis and eventually had an angiogram at Harefield hospital. Ah! Heart disease!

Been on chemicals ever since.

Stick to your guns gentlemen and don't let these people fob you off or suggest you're imagining your symptoms. Pompous doctors are to be challenged. Insist on a second opinion if you think your doctor isn't listening.

All the very best.

Dave G

Kipper

We have the "I'm the only important person here" type receptionists at our doctor's surgery. If I phone (at the regulation 08:30), hang on in the queue, and then cannot have an appointment, I just tell them I will go to the local hospital Accident & Emergency - "Oh, I can fit you in at...." But it is still pot luck which doctor I see, and they probably know nothing about me, and never read the notes, so I have to start at the beginning again. It's enough to make you spend money and go private - but I would just be sent to see the same people.

And breathe!

If anyone has seen "The Doctors" on BBC1 at 13:45, that's the sort of doctor's surgery I would like to join. 3 chairs in waiting area and appointments on demand. Only problem is getting the doctors to come out of the broom cupboard and put their clothes on!!!

Bikeracer

Hi Kipper,

From your location I'm assuming you go to Kings Mill hospital,we've got a perfectly good hospital in Newark but it seems that nearly everyone gets sent to Kings Mill now.
I think it's a ploy to close Newark hospital with the excuse that hardly anyone uses it !

I don't like going to Kings Mill at all,last year I had botox injections that one of their consultants more or less pushed me into even though another urology consultant at Newark had told me it would not work in my case.

He was right of course,it worked until the first outpatient appointment six weeks later and then it's been a backwards journey ever since.Apparently the botox injections only work for six to nine months and I was given the next appointment for a year later,I have no confidence in him at all and I'm now with a good urologist at Newark.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Pengi

Just had a letter from South East Water stating that the South East has been classified as being seriously short of water and now they are going to fit a water meter.

Short of water, after all the flooding and the fact that the ground is saturated!! You could not make this up.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scotsoft

Quote from: Pengi on April 13, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
Short of water, after all the flooding and the fact that the ground is saturated!! You could not make this up.

Plus you are due for a lot of water tomorrow  :doh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations