The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Or those f****** meercats (where's the shotgun ......)

B757-236GT

I dont mind the meerkats. Virtually every other add just winds me up. Although im playing location spotting in the first choice all inclusive ad. So far ive got the airport and the resort (well half of it as it was filmed in to different places). The rest of the ads are drivel!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

poliss

Stop posting new topics and replies. I haven't had time to have my breakfast yet because of all the reading I've had to do!!  >:(

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

Oh for a Meerkat edition of 'Quake 3'
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

My elderly parents were visiting my wee brother in Kent at Christmas, Christmas evening my Mum ended up in hospital, on New Years eve they went on one of these coach trips with friends to a hotel in Wigan for NY, the coach broke down, 2 hours later was fixed, broke down again, 2 hours later a replacement arrived, they got to the hotel 4 hours late (about 18:30) but nobody had transferred the luggage which turned up just before 22:00!!  At about 03:00 Dad was rushed to A&E, apparently he was catheterised, given pain killers due to an enlarged prostate and sent back to the hotel  :o  after all he is only 80 and a bit frail!! why bother keeping an eye on him for a bit.

I then smacked a kerb on a slip road on to the A1 on my way back from Yorkshire, buggered my alloy, knocked the weights off it, cut the tyre side wall and will probably have to get the tracking done too  :-X

Happy New Year my a***  >:(

davieb

hi lawrence

sorry to hear about your family problems but the question just has to be asked

Why oh why would your parents want to go to WIGAN for new year i live hear and try not to go to wigan for anything  ???  :-\

and my greatest sympathy goes out to you father having to go to A&E at wigan i am suprised they didn't try to amputate something
i guess he got off lucky

last week i had to take my daughter to wigan hospital as she had food poisoning not a problem for most but she is a type 1 diabetic
so they put her on a glucose drip and a sliding scale insulin injection after a while her sugars had stabalised so they sent her up to a ward for
the night for observation

once on the ward the idiots decided to take her of the insulin as her sugar levels were OK but left her on the GLUCOSE DRIP

well within 2 hours here blood sugars had risen to 34 :o
my daughter tends to get very upperty when her sugars get high and being a 20yr old and head strong she ripped the drips and needles out of her arm and discharged herself

so as you can see the wigan hospital is not the best place to end up at any time of the year

rant over

dave  :wave:

Pete Mc

How do,just thought I'd put in my first angry posting of the new year.

Down our way in sunny Doncaster,over the Christmas period,the contractor that empties our wheely bins gave all its binmen an extended holiday which means no domestic bin emptying.Now as we only get our bins emptied once a fortnight,it means everyones bins were overflowing.Added to this was the fact that the last two days its been a bit blowy.So quite a few bins ended up on their sides with refuse on the service road that goes down the backs of our houses.Did the binmen take these spilled bags away?

No,they left them all over the place.The last time our bins were emptied prior to today was Thursday December 22nd.On this day I put my bin out and left it out,purely by accident of course.Anyway,as I had the bin in the kitchen full of rubbish,I went out to put the bag of rubbish in my wheely bin,only to find it wasn't there anymore.So,what I did was take an unused bin from a few houses up from me and use that one.No problem,except for the fact that when I put it out this morning when I went to work.When I got home,after checking that the roof was still on the house after losing a tile last night,I went to see if my bin had reappeared,it hadn't.

So off I went in search of my bin,which after spending around 20-30 minutes walking round the area that I live had proved fruitless.So now,as we speak,I have no wheely bin to put my rubbish in and furthermore,two of my neighbours have also had their bins nicked.

Now in these supposedly difficult times,I could understand stuff thats left outside can go missing,but wheely bins,the mind boggles.

Who in their right mind is that desperate that they need a filthy,uncleaned bin and deprive an innocent homeowner of their right to dispose of their rubbish legally without making a mess of the area in which they live.I would love to hear the answer to this from the empty head who has done this to us,one of which is an eighty year old woman who lives alone.I am only 42 and don't produce that much rubbish,only two bags a fortnight,I recycle a lot of stuff as well but not obsessively I might add.It really does make me mad,people can't keep their hands to themselves.So for now,I'm binless.I will put my rubbish in someone elses bin for the next two weeks,then on collection day,I'll watch the bins emptied to see if it is being used by a neighbouring house that has six foreigners residing in it,then I'll nick it back.

Failing that,I'll have to ring our wondrrful council and see if they'll give me a new one.Incidentally,my old bin os easily identifiable due to it having my house number and street name on it in lettering and paint that was applied by my ex wife who hasn't lived here since 1994.

So I will know its mine when I see it.

Annoyed
:thumbsdown:

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Newportnobby

Hi Pete,

Things could be worse - when I lived in Telford it seemed a regualr occurrence that the Binmen found human bodies stuffed into wheely bins :o :o

polo2k

Had a phisio appt booked on Wed that was cancelled and rebooked for 10.45 today due to the phisio having car problems.
I goes out there at 10.30 this morning, dead battery. Borrowed my next door neighbours keys to jump it, bonnet catch jammed.
Que 20 min on the floor with a screw driver jabbing away, culminating with me effing and Jeffing while rattling on the catch as hard as I could muster, eventually got it open and started.
All this from a bloke whos back is that shafted at the moment that I cant tie my shoelaces!

As a result missed my accupuncture, in huge boat loads of pain  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Gunna try to nip out for a brew in a a bit with CalneFoxie and hopefully nip to the local model shop too.

And to cap it all my washing machine is making all sorts of bad bearing sounds from the drain pump. just what I need!
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Pete Mc

Update on the wheely bin situation:

Got home from work and as it were still daylight,I thought I'd have a count of all the tiles that have broken and fallen off the roof over the 21 years I have lived here both at the front and back porrions of the roof,(5 on front section,3 on rear section).

On my arrival at the rear of my house,I looked down the back service road and lo and behold,there in the last minutes of daylight stood my bin,albeit almost full of other peoples rubbish and packaging polystyrene,which was put in the bin with their house number on it.The dollsheads had only.put the two bins out on the wrong day so they now have a fortnight to wait for them to be done again.

I should put a posting in the happy thread now because I don't have to ring up the council to get a new one which is no fun at all.

It was outside the gate of the house being rented out to foreigners.The woman who owns the house lived there for years and is still a friend of mine,so if it goes again,she'll get to know about it.

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Jerry Howlett

Thanks Pete for giving me another reason to be living as an ex-pat. It was a public holiday here today and I was disturbed to hear a large lorry in our small village. A bin lorry, collecting the rubbish !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Lawrence

Final total - 12 panes of greenhouse glass shattered, tomatoes might be a bit late this year  :(

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on January 07, 2012, 02:38:43 PM
tomatoes might be a bit late this year  :(

And taste a little sharp. ;)

Sorry to hear that mate.  How's the new shed held up?

Lawrence

Quote from: Tank on January 07, 2012, 02:40:37 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on January 07, 2012, 02:38:43 PM
tomatoes might be a bit late this year  :(

And taste a little sharp. ;)

Sorry to hear that mate.  How's the new shed held up?

Shed is fine mate, sod all happening in it though  ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations