NGF Most Wanted Survey FAQs - please read - even if you have already voted

Started by Pengi, May 19, 2012, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Good point Roy. :thumbsup:  I was going on the fact that NewportNobby said DMU.

moogle

Hard to tell if they mean the nbl warship 43's or the original hst 43's.
Either way we already have both though there will be detail differences I'm sure.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Roy L S

Quote from: moogle on June 10, 2012, 05:02:12 PM
Hard to tell if they mean the nbl warship 43's or the original hst 43's.
Either way we already have both though there will be detail differences I'm sure.

Could also mean HST Prototype possibly?

We have the recent, and rather nice 42 from Farish, but like you say most of the differences between that and the original 43  appear the be down to the internal mechanicals.

Just goes to show how challenging it is going to be bringing this data together, but since the votes were by way of PM, I guess Newportnobby could possibly go back to the voter to clarify?..

Cheers

Roy

Newportnobby

Sorry for the confusion, chaps, but the voter did specify class 43 HST.
I had completely forgotten some of the Warships were class 43 ::)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Roy L S on June 10, 2012, 04:30:03 PM
OR do they mean the original "North British" build of Diesel B-B Hydraulic "Warship" which were allocated but never actually got TOPS Code 43 (Swindon Build Class allocated 42).

Given the Bachmann one is a slightly confused hybrid you could just renumber it. If you are really fussy for either case you can slightly tweak the roof detail correctly.

The largest prototypical detail error on a  North British warship would probably be it actually running rather than being in bits. They were relegated to freight quite early on for good reasons. North British basically never made the transition from steam (low rpm, a couple of mm out is fine) to diesel (fractions of a mm matter) and it's telling that no mainline North British diesel survived long enough to be preserved (one electric did and some shunters). Their steam locos on the other hand live on.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Donkey

Quote from: Roy L S on June 09, 2012, 03:46:12 PM
I am thinking that suggesting a Class 17 "Clayton" Diesel was probably the teeniest bit hopeful!! ;D

Cheers

Roy

You may not be alone voting for a Clayton Roy  ;D

Marty

K-N-Gauge

Quote from: Donkey on June 13, 2012, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on June 09, 2012, 03:46:12 PM
I am thinking that suggesting a Class 17 "Clayton" Diesel was probably the teeniest bit hopeful!! ;D

Cheers

Roy

You may not be alone voting for a Clayton Roy  ;D

Marty

I may have voted for this ;D

Belated

:'( :scowl:

Typical.  I've only just joined so too late to vote.  I'd have  weighed in for the prototype diesels most as now available in 00 gauge - so a lot of the work is done.  Just think Deltic chased round by Lion, Kestrel, 10000 and/or10001, the Turbomotive and the gas turbine proto's.

John
:D :bounce:
John

dean thom

john i voted anyway so my votes will go in the next count   :smiley-laughing:

Sprintex

Newportnobby

Many thanks to those who are sending me their poll wishes but the poll results were published last year and there is no poll running this year.
Sorry but I am not in a position to run this again at present :sorrysign:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations