Confused again (easily done, I know)

Started by Newportnobby, October 18, 2019, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I like to keep my stock on a spreadsheet listing various details including running numbers, but this one has me stumped. Farish code 374-075D carries a running number of E21053 on it's sides
The coach itself

The label (sorry for the blurred pic). The important bit to note is the (W)

Farish then confuse it further by listing it on page 23 of their product list (attached) as E21053 at the left hand side and then M21053 in the description ??? ???

Now the model itself carries an 'E' prefix so I consider it an ER coach. I think Farish M21053 is just a typo but what is the 'W' on the box label all about :confused1:
:helpneededsign:

Philip.

I thought the W stood for "Weathered", it does in the catalogue, but yours doesn't look weathered so I'm of absolutely no help whatsoever  :doh: :D

railsquid

It means there are a number of gaudily-dressed people trapped inside the coach trying to escape.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Philip. on October 18, 2019, 03:53:21 PM
I thought the W stood for "Weathered", it does in the catalogue, but yours doesn't look weathered so I'm of absolutely no help whatsoever  :doh: :D

The coach itself is not weathered but you've added another dimension there :'( ;)

tunneroner61

The N gauge resource site (http://www.ngauge.org.uk/bac_pass_mk1_brakes.php) says its a

BR Mk1 - Brake Composite Corridor [Original Model]
374-075D
BR Crimson/Cream
E21053 

Also included in set 370-055

Does this help Mick?

cheers Norman

Papyrus

If Philip is right and the W means weathered, which would seem to be logical, could it be that, errrr, the coach is in the wrong box??

Cheers,

Chris

exmouthcraig

https://www.modelraildatabase.com/coaches/details/151/

According to this Mick the running number is correct but claims that it's only ever been  "pristine finish" I've not known Farish release a coach in weathered finish only wagons  :hmmm:

Bealman

Yes, I've never seen or heard of weathered coaches from Garish.

Great help aren't I  :confused1:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I have several weathered maroon MK1s from Farish e.g.
374-036A, 374-084A, 374-061C, 374-187C and 374-012C

@Papyrus
Hopefully @exmouthcraig has answered that one :D

Quote from: tunneroner61 on October 18, 2019, 05:06:26 PM
The N gauge resource site (http://www.ngauge.org.uk/bac_pass_mk1_brakes.php) says its a

BR Mk1 - Brake Composite Corridor [Original Model]
374-075D
BR Crimson/Cream
E21053 

Also included in set 370-055

Does this help Mick?

cheers Norman

I also have it in the plastic case from that very set, Norman. The coach is definitely not weathered and is definitely E prefix but I am wondering what the (W) on the box means :confused2:

exmouthcraig

Steady mick it implies I might of provided useful information  :laugh3:

And well you live and learn, the only weathered coaches I've ever bought have been from TMC, Farish obviously never chose to weather any green coaches for me to know.  :beers:

Bealman

Indeed, I just lived (thankfully) and learned!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Suspect its a chinese production model and very nice bck . E21053 is an eastern region coach. The white label on the box suggests my idea but where the w came from maybe a typo or a code they packaging use for the uk market

Newportnobby

Quote from: crewearpley40 on October 19, 2019, 06:39:04 AM
where the w came from maybe a typo or a code they packaging use for the uk market

Must be a typo I think. Can't think why they'd use a 'W' to denote the UK market and actually would rather not go there :uneasy:

Philip.

@Newportnobby Im guessing you may have, but have you emailed Farish? Perhaps they might know  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Philip. on October 19, 2019, 05:36:17 PM
@Newportnobby Im guessing you may have, but have you emailed Farish? Perhaps they might know  :)

I'll have a go at that next week, Philip. Thanks

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations