Background sounds

Started by port perran, July 29, 2019, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Hi all

I came across this site
http://www.theblatchingtonbranch.com/soundscapes/SoundscapeControl.html

It allows the playing and download of various background sounds for use on a model railway. The sounds appear to be capable of being played on top of each other eg striking church clock, seagulls and boats in harbour etc.

Might be useful to some folk.
Regards
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

sounds very interesting, just a click and you gain a realistic sound !!!!

Newportnobby

Every now and then at local shows I see a layout "Grange-over-Sands" which has background sounds - mainly seagulls. Sad to say after a while it really grates, a bit like that inevitable damned 00 gauge class 40 ticking over on the layout next to yours when you exhibit.

crewearpley40

I stood next to a gentleman admiring lightermans yard beautiful and talked to the operator. Nnthing but pleasant until the adjacent american layout blasted an annoying bell sound continuous so much somebody asked them to dim the sound so we could hear the pleasant softly spoken gent operating lightermans

Bob Tidbury

A few years ago we were at a show in a school we were in a classroom with two layouts and two other traders ,One trader was selling videos and had a combi TV D V D player he had the sound turned up so loud that we had a job hearing our customers ,everynone in the room even the public kept on asking him to turn the sound down ,at the end of the Saturday he put his covers over his stand and off he went ,one of the layout operators was a TV engineer and as soon as he saw the trader drive off he opened the back of the combi and pulled a wire of off of the speaker put the back on and told us not to say a word .
It was really funny watching the guy fiddling with the combi trying to get the sound on ,he then put a sign up sorry electrical problems NO sound we could hardly stop laughing ,Sunday evening the guy who disconnected the speaker went up and told the trader to check the wires on the speaker and it might work again but next time your asked to turn the sound down I think you should take notice or you might find something really wrong with the set .
All the other people in the room just burst out with laughter .
Bob Tidbury

crewearpley40

absolutely priceless bob !

swisstrains

We have all experienced the odour of the great unwashed at exhibitions. With this module on your layout you can now create realistic sounds to match  :D
www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=VN5561

crewearpley40

Somebody had to be relieved, no pun intended. I prefer train brake sounds, wheels squealing, buffers brake hosepipe,connecting, clattering over points, a guards whistle sound.

Bealman

Quote from: swisstrains on July 29, 2019, 09:18:18 PM
We have all experienced the odour of the great unwashed at exhibitions. With this module on your layout you can now create realistic sounds to match  :D
www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=VN5561

I'm gonna order the lot!!!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

any excuse for a caption required. style of photo in a magazine

swisstrains

Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 29, 2019, 11:37:39 PM
any excuse for a caption required. style of photo in a magazine

Have you been listening to Ted Rogers again ?  ???

crewearpley40

Yes but without the dusty bin 321

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations