A future King

Started by trkilliman, June 20, 2019, 04:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkilliman

With the well documented demise of DJM I have been wondering if either Farish or Dapol might produce one.

They would likely pick up many of those who became involved in DJMs crowdfunding, especially if they get deposit refunds from their credit card companies.

There will also be potential customers who said they would like a King, but were not willing to take part in Crowdfunding. My guess would be on Farish doing one, and not with a long lead in time.

Speculation yes, and only time will tell.

broadsword

Saw the heading. thought it was more guff about Prince Harry.... :doh:

Dr Al

It's quite possible, and both Farish and Dapol have bits of tooling that could be transferable (tenders in particular). Whether they do is a different question - the King was one of the more limited GWR locos in terms of RA, but is very iconic.

What I do hope is that nobody takes up any DJM design or tooling (if any exists) - the mechanism design looked truly awful, with the worst combination of transmissions possible.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

trkilliman

Quote from: broadsword on June 20, 2019, 04:26:37 PM

Well it grabbed your attention...maybe I should have been in marketing lol!

kirky

Quote from: broadsword on June 20, 2019, 04:26:37 PM
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

bridgiesimon

To be honest, I cannot see either company using somebody elses designs instead, I would have thought they would start from scratch.Farish did the King previously so would have thought they the more likely to update it.

Best wishes
Simon

Karhedron

The CADs for the external design are very well done with the differences applied to the Kings over time captured very accurately. It would be a shame for that to go to waste. I can't comment on the mechanism.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations