Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on March 21, 2020, 01:27:30 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 21, 2020, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 21, 2020, 11:39:08 AM
Strewth, Mate! That VB looks like very flat gnat's piddle :goggleeyes:
@Trainfish What say you, John? ;) ;)

So flat I didn't even notice anything in the bottle or glass previously. VB tastes like gnat's piddle anyway.

I have some worried epidemiologists on the line demanding to know the circumstances and context in which you came to know how gnat's piddle tastes.

@railsquid
It comes of being brought up in the age of Watney's 'beer' e.g. Starlight and Red Barrel

Trainfish

And these:

My dad used to have these  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

That's Mrs Bealman's white wine in the glass, not the VB, Mick!  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on March 22, 2020, 01:59:17 AM
And these:

My dad used to have these  :o

So out of curiosity, how did they get the gnats to cooperate? Hand out tiny little bottles?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on March 22, 2020, 02:12:37 AM
That's Mrs Bealman's white wine in the glass, not the VB, Mick!  :D

I think I'd clocked that, George ::) :P

Quote from: Trainfish on March 22, 2020, 01:59:17 AM
And these:

Somewhere I reckon I still have the kit with the 'Sparklets' bulb which allowed pouring on tap from the Party 4 and Party 7. I'll not rush to find it, though :no:

daffy

Back in the day when I used to drink, and drink too much, I remember the times in a basement of a friends house where we held some memorable parties (and some I can't remember), when a frequent activity was the opening of a Party Seven that some wag had shaken up with gusto.

It was more fun than drinking the stuff.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Ah well, it's happened..... as of 12 noon today, all pubs and clubs have been closed indefinitely. :'(

On the positive side, Bealman's going to save a heap of money!!  :beers:

crewearpley40

Does your supermarket stock any george ?

Bealman

Yeah, it's not a problem, it's just that I don't often drink at home. Prefer a few with the lads at the club.  :beers:

crewearpley40

For sure. Looks like railway modelling will be on the horizon after your family

weave

Hi George,

Sad news  :(.

All McDonald's closing here today at 7 pm (UK time) as well so no more of those raspberry yuk things.

Blimey, richer and healthier, all a bit of a shock.

Seriously, take care.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on March 23, 2020, 09:30:41 AM
Yeah, it's not a problem, it's just that I don't often drink at home. Prefer a few with the lads at the club.  :beers:

I bet Anne's chuffed to bits having you under her feet all the time......................................not :no:

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on March 23, 2020, 09:06:52 AM
On the positive side, Bealman's going to save a heap of money!!  :beers:

Yep, by the time this virus has run its course we'll all be millionaires! :D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 23, 2020, 10:52:09 AM
Quote from: Bealman on March 23, 2020, 09:30:41 AM

I bet Anne's chuffed to bits having you under her feet all the time......................................not :no:

Yes, that's going to be a challenge almost as big as coping with the virus itself, although she did come up with the suggestion that I start a new account and put what I spend at the club into it.

While it's a great idea, it's also a scary one  :uneasy:

On the subject of family, Bealette has quite correctly prohibited contact with 8 month old grandBealette, exceptby Skype video calls.  :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: weave on March 23, 2020, 09:39:48 AM
All McDonald's closing here today at 7 pm (UK time) as well so no more of those raspberry yuk things.

They have to .. only essentials such as *food* are allowed 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations