Hornby Trains on Film - Press Release.

Started by NGS-PO, July 05, 2022, 01:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

Hornby have issued a press release cancelling the Trains on Film range.  Interestingly, there is an apology at the end, presumably to potential customers, but not it seems to Studiocanal.

https://uk.hornby.com/community/blog-and-news/news/press-release-trains-film

Best

Scott

"For several months there has been some speculation concerning the introduction of two Hornby train packs under the sub brand title of 'Trains on Film' which both featured, in one form or another the L&MR No.57 'Lion' and associated rolling stock. The films concerned were 'The Lady with a Lamp' and 'The Titfield Thunderbolt'.

Hornby Hobbies Ltd. have decided to remove the two 'Trains of Film' packs from the Hornby 2022 product range and acknowledges and accepts that Studiocanal owns the licensing rights to the 'Thunderbolt' locomotive as depicted in the 'Titfield Thunderbolt' film as well as Dan Taylor's grounded carriage body.  Hornby also acknowledges and accepts that Studiocanal owns the title rights to the films 'Titfield Thunderbolt' and 'The Lady with a Lamp'.

Along with this, the Bedford Coach within the 'Trains on Film' category has also been cancelled.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Bob G

Nice to see one of the new entrants (Rapido Trains UK) doing things right and getting sole rights to produce the loco in OO.
I do get upset when big companies like Hornby think they can get away with blue murder.

Maybe they could also see fit to stop bullying their dealers like Hattons who they now treat as a third tier customer, and who cannot get all the pre-orders that they want from Hornby.
Or maybe Hornby should stop using shops to sell their wares altogether.

I'd love to see folk like Rapido, Revolution and Accurascale take over the UK market.

Bob 

NGS-PO

Sadly it seems they have pulled the rug from under even Tier 1 retailers this year again.  A number of shops have advised that their orders have been almost wiped out by Hornby, with one on record as saying that of the 37 models they ordered (36 pre-orders by customers) Hornby have advised they will be getting 1 (one).  At the same time, Hornby are advising they will have plenty to sell directly from them.

Best

Scott.

Source:

1 - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/172869-hornby-cuts-model-shops-allocations-of-items-due-summer-2022/

2 - The shop I had a couple of orders with that they have had to cancel.

Edit 3 - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/169458-hornby-2022-dublo-range-inc-a4/page/2/
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

zwilnik

Almost immediately after I've now had a mailing list email from Hornby announcing the 'Lion' Train Pack for the L&MR Centenary 1930 and a separate carriage pack to go with it.

Seems they're keeping making the loco and bundling it with their old Stephenson's Rocket coaches and the bog awful 3rd class ones.

Bob G

The 1950s Ealing Comedy "The Titfield Thunderbolt" film is on BBC2 this afternoon at 1430 GMT.

Now we can see what all the fuss has been about. I might laugh. I might cry.

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations