NGF Classifieds - Auctions/Buy It Now Listings

Started by guest2, August 02, 2012, 10:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I'm happy to announce the NGF Classifieds!

This is still a FREE service that we are providing, and is only visible to members with more than 10 posts.  The current 'For Sale' boards are sadly becoming a mess without posts being updated.  This uses up a lot of time which our volunteers don't have.  So, I've purchased some software for the forum which will allow members to list their items as Buy It Now, or to list as an Auction.  It also integrates with our current Trade Feedback software that we already use.  You can choose how long to keep the auction going for, the amount to start the auction, set a reserve price, Buy It Now price,enter the postage amount, and of course the main description.

The new listings will need to be approved by a moderator before they appear on the Classified section.  The listings must still show at least one picture of the item (to be uploaded on the listing, not embedded), it's condition, any faults, postage, and how you want to be paid.

The software will take the winning bidder straight to Paypal for payment (I recommend NOT paying as a gift, as you aren't covered by paypal insurance) - if that is the required method.  Otherwise it will ask you to contact each other to choose your payment.

When you enter the classified section you will see what almost looks like doubles of each category.  This is because the classifieds keeps the two types of listings (Auctions, and the Buy It Now) separate.  Each type of listing currently has a maximum of 10 days on it, but this may change for the BIN listings.

Also, if you think you will need to relist your item, or if you're intending to buy the item, it is well worth copying the text and saving it somewhere on your computer.

An FAQ is being worked on at the moment, but I hope you can work it out in the mean time. 

The current For Sale/Wanted boards will be made to be Reply Only, and deleted on Saturday 18th August.  We'd appreciate everyone placing their items on NGF Classifieds please.

Click to enter the Classifieds.

BurtonWetmore

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dock Shunter

Looks like a great addition to the forum Chris...... :thumbsup:
Does the 10 posts rule still apply..? as if some people get wind of this we will have people joining just to use this free service.....?
Just my opinion but i think it should be increased to 20 posts as 10 posts can be reached just by replying to welcome posts.
20 posts shows more interest in the forum and a willingness to take part.....
(Just my thoughts)

(If the rule does apply then i think it needs to be mentioned in the Advert also Chris)

Tank

Thanks DS!  I think there's lots that I've missed.  ;D  Yes, it's all set up for those with less than 10 posts can't see it.  I would agree with you about the 20 posts, but if someone is determined then what number is enough?!  :)

Malc

If the Moderators have to post the advert, they will soon get a feel for who is making the occasional post and who is running a business.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

Quote from: Malc on August 02, 2012, 03:47:51 PM
If the Moderators have to post the advert, they will soon get a feel for who is making the occasional post and who is running a business.

We have always had to aprove all potsings so nothing has changed there  :beers:

John

Tank

It does make you wonder!  ;D

Caz

Sounds a great idea, nice on Chris, just hope it doesn't get abused
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Thats easy to fix: 1st posting/month 1p, 2nd 2p, 3rd 4p etc - by the tenth its £10 ... 8)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 02, 2012, 04:42:46 PM

Thats easy to fix: 1st posting/month 1p, 2nd 2p, 3rd 4p etc - by the tenth its £10 ... 8)

This must be the influence of SWMBO rubbing off on you  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

kirky

I think this sounds like a really good idea.

Will the ' trade count' still work?

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

4x2

Great idea ! It just so happens i've got some stuff to sell soon...

Just one question though... can we ban 'del prado' stuff ?  :evil: It really drives me crazy... 500 items, 498 are del prado  >:( >:( >:(
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Tank

Quote from: kirky on August 02, 2012, 05:24:38 PM
I think this sounds like a really good idea.

Will the ' trade count' still work?

Cheers
Kirky

Yes Kirky, it's mentioned in the first post. ;)

Quote from: 4x2 on August 02, 2012, 05:27:20 PM

Just one question though... can we ban 'del prado' stuff ?  :evil: It really drives me crazy... 500 items, 498 are del prado  >:( >:( >:(

Sounds like a plan! :D

4x2

Quote from: 4x2 on August 02, 2012, 05:27:20 PM

Sounds like a plan! :D
[/quote]

Tank - you're a star !  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations