what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on June 14, 2015, 11:30:55 AM
A pleasant and, needless to say, wet Sunday morning playing 'Da Capo' by Renaissance.
A double CD sort of 'best of'

Blimey, 'Northern Lights' by Renaissance was the first single I ever bought :D

Paul

paulprice

The other half banging on about needing to go to Ikea, surely nobody ever needs to go to Ikea???

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Sprintex on June 14, 2015, 11:36:10 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 14, 2015, 11:30:55 AM
A pleasant and, needless to say, wet Sunday morning playing 'Da Capo' by Renaissance.
A double CD sort of 'best of'

Blimey, 'Northern Lights' by Renaissance was the first single I ever bought :D

Paul

:confused1: I presume this means something to most here but sorry, I have no idea what you mean.
Meanwhile I now have 'In der furher's face' by Spike Jones and the City Slickers. :D

joe cassidy

Quote from: paulprice on June 14, 2015, 11:52:23 AM
The other half banging on about needing to go to Ikea, surely nobody ever needs to go to Ikea???

For girls, going to Ikea is like attending a model railway exhibition.

Tell her they have a great website where everything is available (like Hattons), whereas your local store will not have everything in stock (like your local model railway shop).

Best regards,

Joe

Sprintex

Quote from: joe cassidy on June 14, 2015, 12:02:27 PM

And there's me thinking that sexism like that went out in the 70s ::)

I know my other half would much rather be at a railway exhibition, preserved railway, or many other places for that matter rather than step foot anywhere NEAR an Ikea store ;)

Paul

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: paulprice on June 14, 2015, 11:52:23 AM

Tell her they have a great website where everything is available (like Hattons), whereas your local store will not have everything in stock (like your local model railway shop).

Best regards,

Joe

Joe, I know some girls who love model railway exhibitions and can be quite knowledgeable when they are there.
I hear some can even tell the difference between a steam engine and a diesel!  ;)

joe cassidy

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on June 14, 2015, 12:27:58 PM
Joe, I know some girls who love model railway exhibitions and can be quite knowledgeable when they are there.
I hear some can even tell the difference between a steam engine and a diesel!  ;)

Can you send me a few phone numbers ? :D

Thanks in advance,

Joe

bridgiesimon

Am presently listening to 'Apocalyptica' specifically their cover of the Metallica song 'Nothing Else Matters'. A quartet of celloists who play heavy metal etc covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTozgoj9OQ

Simply AWESOME!!!!!

Just clicked over to their cover of 'One'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0

best wishes
Simon

paulprice

Quote from: Sprintex on June 14, 2015, 12:08:39 PM

I know my other half would much rather be at a railway exhibition, preserved railway, or many other places for that matter rather than step foot anywhere NEAR an Ikea store ;)

Paul

Joe but my other half is not a girl, he is a man  :-[

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: joe cassidy on June 14, 2015, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on June 14, 2015, 12:27:58 PM

Can you send me a few phone numbers ? :D

Thanks in advance,

Joe

:sorrysign: No. But Marion is, genuinely, very knowledgeable and can even tell a Western from a Warship - the "Western" often has John Wayne in while the "warship" is a big grey thing with guns on it! :bounce:

joe cassidy

Quote from: paulprice on June 14, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

The Domestic Overlord - that figures !

Best regards,

Joe

Sprintex

Paul

Nothing wrong with that, but it seems Joe made the wrong assumption ;)

My other half IS female but hates Ikea, loves trains and model railways, and can easily tell the difference between many diesels, ie, Class 37 and Deltic :thumbsup:

This is why making sweeping statements and assumptions is always a dangerous game :D

Paul

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Sprintex on June 15, 2015, 06:42:58 AM

Paul

Nothing wrong with that, but it seems Joe made the wrong assumption ;)

My other half IS female but hates Ikea, loves trains and model railways, and can easily tell the difference between many diesels, ie, Class 37 and Deltic :thumbsup:

This is why making sweeping statements and assumptions is always a dangerous game :D

Paul

I think Joe, like me, was having a bit of a joke; I doubt his comment was meant to be offensive any more than mine about Marion recognising a 'Western' because of John Wayne was meant to be taken seriously.

paulprice

I don't think anyone was being offensive and the good news is that I managed to avoid a trip to IKEA, which to my mind is not a home improvement store but is more of a Scandinavian Open Prison, where the inmates spend there sentences, continually walking round looking for the exit back into the real world.

When I have to go there I always feel like the les well known European member of the A Team, sentenced for a DIY crime I did not commit, falsely imprisoned..................

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations