what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: Tom U on August 19, 2014, 02:03:43 PM
Malc, you tugged my heartstings twice.  Moody Blues took me right back to weekend evenings in the Shoulder of Mutton, Wendover, during my Halton apprenticeship.  Traveling Wilburys - bunch of my favourite musicians...George the Beatle I like most, and Tom Petty whos CDs I reach for most often.   :thankyousign:

Your post brought back several memories.

Used to have the Moody Blues "Question of Balance" LP but it disappeared somewhere.
Traveling Wilburys Album is one of my favourites also.

However I have a question - you mention your "Halton apprenticeship" - what is that?
At one time I worked as an I.T. Manager for Halton Borough Council, Halton being the name of a small village mid way between Widnes and Runcorn, and every year there would be a "Halton Show" based on nearby Spike Island on the Manchester Ship Canal.
Never before heard of a Halton apprenticeship though - can you enlighten me.

By the way all I can hear at the moment are loads of screaming kids in our Swimming Pool - thank goodness they go home and back to school next week. 

joe cassidy

Halton is (or was) a Royal Air Force base near Wendover, Bucks, England.

Best regards,

Joe

NeMo

Quote from: Tdm on August 28, 2014, 06:18:54 PM
However I have a question - you mention your "Halton apprenticeship" - what is that?
At one time I worked as an I.T. Manager for Halton Borough Council, Halton being the name of a small village mid way between Widnes and Runcorn, and every year there would be a "Halton Show" based on nearby Spike Island on the Manchester Ship Canal.
Never before heard of a Halton apprenticeship though - can you enlighten me.

More specifically, it's the training air base. Training there has been called an "apprenticeship" though the trainees are doing all sorts of things, including most of the people who join the RAF outside of officer training.

It's the nearest airbase to Berkhamsted, so I drive through it quite often (not least of all for going to the Princes Risborough and Chinnor Railway!).

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Newportnobby

Poco - Rose of Cimarron, followed by Floyd's A Momentary Lapse of Reason.
Now on Pure Reason Revolution's Dark Third

Dock Shunter

Pink Floyd - Echoes from the album "Meddle.....on vinyl of course.. 8)
Following that.....Led Zep 2... 8)

Expecting a knock from the neighbours when i put Zep on....... :D :D

Tdm

Quote from: Dock Shunter on September 03, 2014, 09:24:19 PM
Pink Floyd - Echoes from the album "Meddle.....on vinyl of course.. 8)
Following that.....Led Zep 2... 8)
Expecting a knock from the neighbours when i put Zep on....... :D :D

There is a very good Pink Floyd tribute band on our little Island, and 2 of the LPs in my record collection are Led Zeppelin 2 and Led Zeppelin 3. The track "Whole lotta Love" used to be used as the intro to the "Old Grey Whistle Test" music program on BBC2 which I used to watch regularly. 

Newportnobby

I can't remember 'Whole lotta love' being used for the OGWT but the CCS (Creative Conscious Society) version was used for Top of the Pops for a while IIRC :hmmm:

red_death

Yeah, what Nobby said - it was used for TotP.

tutenkhamunsleeping

joe cassidy

Quote from: Tdm on September 04, 2014, 12:11:48 AM
3. The track "Whole lotta Love" used to be used as the intro to the "Old Grey Whistle Test" music program on BBC2 which I used to watch regularly.

It was "Stone Fox Chase" by Area Code 615.

Best regards,

Joe

weave

Unfortunately Duran Duran live on the TV.

SWMBO has traded in football watching points although as I write, just finished. Thankyou God (although I do remember liking the 'Girls on Film' video.  ;)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Faces - A Nod is as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse

mark37/4

Only just remembered this group and song Sunday on my way back from windermere on the bus after seeing the two lancs,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3RjCiq1ICY

Such a good song, dont think itll get old

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

4x2

Pink Floyd - Darkside of the moon...

I'd like to pick a favourite track, but you can't just listen to one - it's all or nothing ! :music:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Sprintex

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations