what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Dodo Marmarosa, complete studio recordings (late 1940s jazz piano trio) includes 2 tracks from my first disc purchase, a 78RPM.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

tutenkhamunsleeping

tutenkhamunsleeping

bridgiesimon

From a recommendation from my sis and bro in law, I am listening to 'Dropkick Murphys'.

Dropkick Murphys - Signed & Sealed in Blood[Full Album]

Not m,y usual material but really like them!!

Best wishes
Simon

marco neri

Quote from: bridgiesimon on July 07, 2014, 07:09:24 PM
From a recommendation from my sis and bro in law, I am listening to 'Dropkick Murphys'.

Dropkick Murphys - Signed & Sealed in Blood[Full Album]

Best wishes
Simon

..Great band..I love them...and hope to go to the live show next tour in Italy..
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

kardkits

Quote from: bridgiesimon on July 07, 2014, 07:09:24 PM

Best wishes
Simon

Sounds reminiscent of the pogues or the levellers

Andi

bridgiesimon

I had not heard of them before but my sis said they were great live, loads of energy and enthusiasm and went down a storm with the crowd, which at Sonisphere takes something special.

Simon

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Malc

Eric Clapton,Jeff Beck,Jimmy Page,Ron Wood,Bill Wyman,Jan Hammer,Charlie Watts @ M.S.G.

http://youtu.be/lcEW2dj6Dfk
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dorsetmike

Difficult for me to say exactly what I'm listening to, it can change from track to track.

I found an app for the PC for generating a random playlist, with options to set the duration it plays for, and the ability to select 4 or 5 different genres from a very long list, you also need to tell it which folders to look in and what format files (mp3, wav, ogg flac etc). You can even select years to search between.

Obviously you must have the files on your hard drive (must admit though I've not tried any other  locations like USB sticks, CD  drive etc)

I've now got 8 playlists each of 3 hours duration with a mix of baroque classical, big band swing, jazz and blues; So 24 hours without the same track twice; must get round to ripping some more vinyl and CDs!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

My Ford Siesta has the facility to play my iTunes collection but instead I've transferred all the tracks (nearly 4000) onto a USB drive and play that in the car instead rather than have my iPod nicked ::). Has facility to play by artist, album, genre etc :headbang: :music:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

The whole album in the original order, because I'm old fashioned like that. :P
But locally streaming from MinimServer so I can still claim geek points :D

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations