The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findus

CURVED FLEXI TRACK!!

enough said.....

Sprintex

Eh?  ???

Never made me angry, it's just plastic and metal  ;)

Paul

findus

Quote from: Sprintex on March 11, 2012, 08:18:44 PM
Eh?  ???

Paul

Trying to lay it is a pain in the you know what.... unless i am missing something

Sprintex

Code 80 or 55? If it's 80 then yes it is a bit of a PITA, 55 keeps its shape when you bend it so is easier  :thumbsup:

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: findus on March 11, 2012, 08:33:06 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 11, 2012, 08:18:44 PM
Eh?  ???

Paul

Trying to lay it is a pain in the you know what.... unless i am missing something

Hi Findus - have you used tracksettas or are you doing it freehand?

longbridge

Very angry tonight, a dear old friend of ours wanted to give a Piano away for free if the person wanting it paid for a Piano Removalist to pick it up.

My Daughter in Law said she would take it and organized a removalist to pick it up, three weeks later we bumped into our old friend who promptly asked if our family member had received the piano, we said yes and found out the lousy bugger hadn't even phoned the old lady to say thank you.

Sorry but I think it is common courtesy to say thank you and please but it seems to be little used in this selfish self centered world and I am peed off.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 12, 2012, 09:01:18 AM
Sorry but I think it is common courtesy to say thank you and please but it seems to be little used in this selfish self centered world and I am peed off.

Very true, it costs absolutely nothing to use "please and thank you" and when used they speak volumes  :beers:

Jack

Quote from: scotsoft on March 12, 2012, 09:10:24 AM
Quote from: oldrailbug on March 12, 2012, 09:01:18 AM

Very true, it costs absolutely nothing to use "please and thank you" and when used they speak volumes  :beers:

"Manners maketh the man and they cost you nothing!" .... I can still hear my late father's mantra even now. If I'm honest, the lack of manners these days is one thing that gets my goat up as well!

Jack
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

H

Not exactly enough to make me angry, and certainly not unexpected, but it was still a downer; was the fact that both the new council tax and water rates bills arrived in the post yeasterday. And both have gone up.  :(

H.

jonclox

>:(  the door bell that rang in the middle of the night in our sleepy village last night.
Bit shocked to find a burly policeman on the door step as the culprit.
Situation defused when he apologies to ringing at that hour but it seems that next door had had a 'serious incident' earlier and he needed information from us ASAP.
BUT
it took me 3 hours to get back to sleep  ::)  :thumbsdown:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

Quote from: jonclox on March 16, 2012, 11:27:53 AM

I'm surprised you even managed to get to sleep living next door to psychos  :o  :thumbsdown:  :sleep:

jonclox

Quote from: scotsoft on March 16, 2012, 12:07:55 PM
Quote from: jonclox on March 16, 2012, 11:27:53 AM

I'm surprised you even managed to get to sleep living next door to psychos  :o  :thumbsdown:  :sleep:
In fairness we didn`t ..........and still don`t....... know what sort of incident, by who, or against who it involved. I'm pretty certain the police were around all night
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

moogle

Yesterday the rear suspension went on the car.  :( It didn't collapse but dips badly in one corner and its not the shocks.
MOT is due in a month so with all the little things that need doing plus that, I'm gonna have to sell it as spares or to a breakers.  :'(
Its just not worth paying out for anymore. Not that I have any money anyway!  :smiley-laughing:

And today, when I had people to phone,  my mobile phone network has been down all day! Aaagghhhh!  >:(
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

longbridge

Sorry to hear about your problems Moogle and I hope things get better for you.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Mustermark

Sorry to hear your car has had it, Moogle. Hope the breakers don't actually charge you to recycle it... Last time i scrapped a car in the UK, I had to pay them!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations