Great Model Railway Challenge 2019

Started by dannyboy, August 03, 2019, 12:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Might be a good idea to save it, then  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Well, I watched Episode 2 on my tablet in bed last night. I must be bored with the format....

I fell asleep before the end, and this morning have no idea which team won  :uneasy:

guest311

just went on my5 to catch up on last night's episode ...

and it seems there wasn't one, at least last week's episode 5 was the latest one listed.

RailGooner

Quote from: class37025 on October 12, 2019, 12:53:39 PM
just went on my5 to catch up on last night's episode ...

and it seems there wasn't one, at least last week's episode 5 was the latest one listed.

Last week Ep.4 was aired on Friday night, Ep.5 was aired on Saturday night. Saturday night is the new norm.
:beers:

guest311

many thanks, so that explains why I had two episodes to watch last weekend.

The Q

GMRC is up for a TV award...
Vote Here
https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

(it's about half way through the 25 categories)

honestjudge

My feelings about this show have not changed since the last series. I think it's a great showcase to demonstrate the technical excellence and skill that some of us model railway enthusiasts have.
I have been absolutely blown away by team Grantham's build quality and thinking, they are truly a very skilled team. I would imagine that their proper layouts would be very good.
The show does this hobby no harm and also demonstrates what an inclusive hobby it is! :goggleeyes:

guest311

couldn't find the category for most annoying talking heads  :veryangry:

RailGooner

Was a hard choice once I saw all the nominations - The Great British Sowing Bee nearly got my vote. :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on October 18, 2019, 12:36:56 PM
Was a hard choice once I saw all the nominations - The Great British Sowing Bee nearly got my vote. :D

What do bees sow? :confused2: ;)

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Watched episode 4 2019 last night.

Why so long?

Because I'd totally forgotten about the show, that's why.

I shall probably struggle through episode 5 tonight, but I really cannot see this lightweight rubbish going another season.

Sorry, own opinion and happy to be shot down.

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on November 29, 2019, 09:35:23 AM
Watched episode 4 2019 last night.

Why so long?

Because I'd totally forgotten about the show, that's why.

I shall probably struggle through episode 5 tonight, but I really cannot see this lightweight rubbish going another season.

Sorry, own opinion and happy to be shot down.

Teams are already being invited for next years series..
it's one of the most popular shows on Channel 5.. Which does say a lot about channel 5

It's a Tv entertainment show that just happens to revolve around model railways.. It's not a P4 modelling show..

Gizzy

I saw 3 of the teams layouts at Warley last weekend, with Mizzy Gizzy.

Railmen of Kent, We Count Rivets and the lovely Loco Ladies. The layouts were very good, and the chaps, and chappesses, interesting to talk to.

The ladies had been shunted into a corner, but this was apparently because they were a last minute addition to the show. It's a shame the Grantham team wasn't there, as in my view, they were clearly the best modellers despite losing to the Kentish lads.

I found the program to be entertaining but the two main presenters very annoying!

Maybe they should let the judges present the show?

Or maybe ask Sir Rod Stewart....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations