The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

as always, never let the truth get in the way of a story,

and it appears, don't let advice / safety requirements get in the way of a 'good' clip  :veryangry:

what  :censored: thought this would be a good idea ?

Lawrence

No offence to any Londoners on here however, but they wonder why it is such a hot spot for the virus down there  :doh: I noticed an article about a family from London who decided to do a 500 mile round trip to the Lake District last weekend to do some fishing  :goggleeyes:
How many more need to die before these muppets get the message  :help:
Yes I know other regions have their idiots but come on guys, smell the coffee  :censored:

jpendle

Quote from: Lawrence on April 17, 2020, 01:46:21 PM
No offence to any Londoners on here however, but they wonder why it is such a hot spot for the virus down there  :doh:

High population density, poor housing, & poverty.

I live in Weld county Colorado which is mainly rural and is relatively poor, it has 4 times the number of cases as Larimer county next door, which is more developed and is generally wealthier. Weld has slightly fewer residents than Larimer as well.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Lawrence

Quote from: jpendle on April 17, 2020, 02:59:28 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on April 17, 2020, 01:46:21 PM
No offence to any Londoners on here however, but they wonder why it is such a hot spot for the virus down there  :doh:

High population density, poor housing, & poverty.

I live in Weld county Colorado which is mainly rural and is relatively poor, it has 4 times the number of cases as Larimer county next door, which is more developed and is generally wealthier. Weld has slightly fewer residents than Larimer as well.

John P

I appreciate what you are saying @jpendle , but you could say the same for Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, unfortunately some folks still don't get it, as that video shows

daffy

Stupidity and ignorance live everywhere and are legion.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

This might get removed but.............................

guest311

while possibly not expected from HM, I could see Prince Phillip saying it, even more forcefully.

lets be honest, he has a reputation for calling a spade a  :censored: shovel, and meaning it.

guest311

Quote from: steve836 on April 17, 2020, 01:39:18 PM
Dunno about good, but it's a lot easier than looking for some real news

agree entirely, anyone seen anything on the news recently about those flooded out earlier in the year ?

at one point, I doubt they could move for reporters and tv crews,  now yesterday's news, get on with it, better stories...

a sad refection, IMHO, of today's so called society.

themadhippy

good ole doris and queeny following the advice to stay at home,o hang on ones buggered off to winsor whilst the others at chequers,both leaving london for there second home.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

railsquid

Infected Crown Princes travelling to their vacation home in Scotland, cough cough.

Here in sunny Japan there exists a form of interactive entertainment called Pachinko, which can be best described as pinball-on-steroids featuring gambling, anyway it appears to be an effective way of separating the kind of people who can queue up outside such establishments before the 10am weekday opening time from their money (and sending some of it to finance North Korea's ongoing missile campaign against their coastal waters, apparently). Anyway due to the current well-known circumstances, these kinds of establishments in Tokyo have been closed, so what happens - cars with Tokyo number plates turn up at these kinds of establishments outside Tokyo.

Stupidity - it's global.

Papyrus

Quote from: Papyrus on March 17, 2020, 08:55:14 PM
I'm a mild-mannered person who doesn't tend to trouble this thread much, but I am feeling slightly dischuffed tonight...

In view of likely difficulties getting out to the shops in the next few weeks we decided to put my wife's son on our car insurance as he doesn't have a car at the moment and it might come in useful. The online amendment went easily enough and the premium went up by £50 which wasn't a surprise. What did get my goat was the £25 'administration charge'. Excuse me? Who was the one who did all the administration? Twiddling the mouse and tapping the keys? I got the confirmation of the extra driver in about a minute, and the updated insurance certificate was available immediately. It was obviously all done without any human intervention whatsoever, so what was the £25 charge for? I calculate the insurance company's computer must get paid at the rate of about £1500 an hour! For doing sod all...

I don't think I will be renewing with them next time.  :veryangry:

Cheers,

Chris

Well, I followed @dannyboy 's advice (Reply 6303) and wrote a polite but firm letter to the RAC. I finally got a reply saying that they were justified in charging 25 quid (terms and conditions..., had to inform the underwriters..., tea and a doughnut while we did it...) BUT they gave me my money back! Result!  :D

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Glad to hear it Chris.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Hi @railsquid ,

You mentioning Pachinko reminded me of a song by the Pogues nearly 30 years ago. Didn't know what it was about at the time, just thought they'd had too much booze.

Sorry all, off topic, but let's just call it a little musical interlude for a short break from the idiots out there......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDO-0eqsCQ

Cheers weave  :beers:

Skyline2uk

:veryangry: :censored:

Ho Seasons

I am aware a lot of people have it tough now, so I apologise for a first world problem rant.

The aforementioned holiday company have just strong-armed my in-law out of £175 under threat of another £1100 leaving her account on Friday.

We had a booking with them for July.

We were not going to cancel, as we still wanted to go.

Deposit was paid months ago, balance due Friday.

In-law received an e-mail today saying the holiday will be cancelled and that vouchers will be offered for use in the future. However, if a future date is more expensive WE would be liable for extra. Oh and if you decline, still loose deposit.

In-law was annoyed but we decided deposit was only £75, so what the hell cancel and don't use them again.

Ohhhh no.

Upon ringing to confirm this, in-law informed £75 was an error, should have been £300. So either pay £175 more (they only want £250 deposit now, "good will" for their error  ::)) or have £1,100 extracted for vouchers which probably won't cover a future holiday.

:censored:

I am annoyed my in-law went along with this before I had time to look into the legality of this, it seems deeply dodgy to me.

As it is I am still inclined to take them on.

We have a separate holiday at a nice holiday park in Wales which we can't go on in May, because of the situation. That company have been simply wonderful, constant updates and offered either a full refund or no cost move to another date, plus £100 on site spending money as an incentive.

So in summary:

Bluestone  :thumbsup:
Hi Seasons  :poop:

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

I can not remember just where, but I am sure I have read that, as the holiday company have cancelled the booking, you can demand a cash refund and are not obliged to accept vouchers. If no one comes back with anything further, I will see if I can confirm later.
@Skyline2uk  I do not know whether this relevant to your in-laws circumstances, but this link is the first I have found -
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11411591/refund-holiday-cancelled-coronavirus/

and have a look at MoneySavingExpert -

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations