The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadpole

Mentioning no names (why not? Ed.), but why does a certain N-gauge transfer/decal manufacturer do a sheet of transfers of BR double arrow logos, clearly advertised as 2mm/N-gauge, yet only the very smallest sized ones are any use to an N-gauger. The second smallest size might, just might, be OK for a "large-logo" blue livery loco, like this....

:Class37:

....but the rest are utterly enormous.

I now have hundreds of huge number of big logos, which I will now put on eBay as being suitable for OO gauge.

Here endeth the rant.
Two rails good. Three better.

spurno

Quote from: polo2k on November 17, 2011, 02:52:10 PM
Chuffin NHS!

My back decided to blow a gasket back in sept so I have not been able to work since then.
Last Monday I went to a hospital appt to discuss a nerve root block procedure. It transpires that this is only to cover up the siatica, as this subsided on its own many weeks ago. As a result of this they have not cancelled the various appointments that I have been waiting for since Sept.
As a replacment for these I am being sent to a Phisio. Hadn't heard anything since last Monday so I called to check on the referral.
Good news- They have received the referral
Bad news - I have been put on a 15 week waiting list!
This means that my next appointment will be in Feb!

I have explained the situation so they are going to see if they can do anything to advance it, I dont hold out much hope.

Im sick and tired of all the pills and waiting and just want to be back to normal!!

hi,i do sympathise,i suffer with sciatica myself and the only thing that helped me was acupuncture which your doctor can prescribe.my own personal view on physio is that it's the biggest waste of space on this planet,it's never done me any good and i've had a bad back for over thirty years.good luck with yours.

cheers

alan
Born beside the mighty GWR.

Regards

alan

Bikeracer

Quote from: spurno on November 20, 2011, 09:41:18 PM

hi,i do sympathise,i suffer with sciatica myself and the only thing that helped me was acupuncture which your doctor can prescribe.my own personal view on physio is that it's the biggest waste of space on this planet,it's never done me any good and i've had a bad back for over thirty years.good luck with yours.

cheers

alan

Totally agree about physio being a waste of time,the times I've been all that seems to happen is that you have a chat to them,they take some notes and perhaps give you some exercises to do.

I recently had a hip replacement and was told by the physio department that I had to attend for physio.Some notes were taken and I was shown a few exercises which I'd already been shown in hospital and was told to go again if I wanted to,so any ongoing physio didn't really matter after all.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Calnefoxile

Why is it that the item of stock you've been searching for always becomes available just when you don't have the money to buy it. But when you do have the money, you can't find it for love 'nor money.

Regards

Neal

R M Williams

It's a conspiracy.  Even paranoids have enemies.

Quote from: Calnefoxile on November 21, 2011, 10:38:43 PM
Why is it that the item of stock you've been searching for always becomes available just when you don't have the money to buy it. But when you do have the money, you can't find it for love 'nor money.

Regards

Neal
Richard

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: R M Williams on November 21, 2011, 10:49:05 PM
It's a conspiracy.  Even paranoids have enemies.

Quote from: Calnefoxile on November 21, 2011, 10:38:43 PM

Regards

Neal

For the same reason that almost everything I have bought in the past as a kit or by minitrix has been replaced by a superior version that I can no longer afford !.

Q1, 9F, Brittania, Stove R, gresley coaches and I hear my WD 2-8-0 is about to be produced and I haven't even started making it yet.
And I thought I had pre-ordered one of the smiley faced 121 Bunbble cars , seems not and now all gone ! Still its BEER o'clock here so cheers !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

jonclox

Quote from: Oldman on November 22, 2011, 10:32:02 PM
...................... Don't think I will use the portable hoover tho', tis great for most jobs but a Dyson on a train board - no way.
:thumbsdown: Noooooooo Dysons arnt 'Hoovers' their vacuum cleaners just like all the other 'non Hoover' vacuum cleaners.
Hoover do produce vacuum cleaners under the brand name 'Hoover' whilst 'Dysons, produce vacuum cleaners under the brand name  'Dyson'
My 'jeep' is a 'Suzuki 4X4' not a gas guzling US made 'Jeep'
The ball point pen your fiddling with is a 'Bic' ball pen not a quality branded 'Biro'
(think I better go and sit in a dark quiet corner for an hour or so before I go off on any more examples)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

:smiley-laughing:  I had a full blown argument with a mate of mine who works for Currys and who sells hoovers!   :P  In the UK it is perfectly acceptable to say hoover or vacuum when talking about vacuum cleaners in general, but obviously, if you mean the brand Hoover, then it has a capital.

poliss

I refuse to fall for Hoovers advertising spiel. I always call a vacuum cleaner a vacuum cleaner. What other words have a double U?  :) Don't think I've ever owned a J. Edgar anyway.

EtchedPixels

"We await the Windows 7 vacuum cleaner - it'll be the first Microsoft product that doesn't suck"

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Why is it that when using Google and trying to find a supplier of virtually any commodity, an awful lot of the sites give you loads of information...........but no prices ? :thumbsdown:

Allan

GrahamB

Chuffin NHS!

My back decided to blow a gasket back in sept so I have not been able to work since then.
Last Monday I went to a hospital appt to discuss a nerve root block procedure. It transpires that this is only to cover up the siatica, as this subsided on its own many weeks ago. As a result of this they have not cancelled the various appointments that I have been waiting for since Sept.
As a replacment for these I am being sent to a Phisio. Hadn't heard anything since last Monday so I called to check on the referral.

I have explained the situation so they are going to see if they can do anything to advance it, I dont hold out much hope.

Im sick and tired of all the pills and waiting and just want to be back to normal!!

cheers

alan
I slipped a disk.

Hold out for an MRI scan. It's the only way they can tell what's going on.
The further the sciatica is down your leg, the worse the problem is.
Steer clear of Tramadol. I was on eight tablets a day for six months and became addicted. Getting off it was hell and while I don't condone recreational drug taking, I have a new appreciation of what recovering drug addicts go through.
Physio does work but it depends how bad the damage is. When my Physio saw my MRI scan he simply said he couldn't do anything until the disk was removed. It was removed and he got me working again. I now have a new lease of life.
Finally, consider going private. I did simply because I'd lose more in wages (and pain) by waiting for the NHS. So far as they were concerned I was an emergency and would still have to wait six months plus!
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bikeracer

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 23, 2011, 09:46:17 PM
"We await the Windows 7 vacuum cleaner - it'll be the first Microsoft product that doesn't suck"

Grrrrrrrrr.......windoze 7. :'(

It's like trying to learn Chinese as far as I'm concerned.I'll stick with XP thank you very much.
My wife recently bought a laptop and of course it's got Windows 7 installed.I've never done as much swearing in my life as I do trying to use and find anything in the damn thing.Of course my wife doesn't like this and is not really getting on with learning to use a PC because I'm finding it frustratingly hard to use it myself.

Trying to find anything in control panel amongst about a hundred different named programs is a nightmare,not only that,but Microsoft seem to want to make decisions for me,put the pointer anywhere near a program name or icon whilst trying to read through the list and the dam thing opens a new window that I don't want.When I actually put the pointer over something I do want I end up having to click on it to get it to open. :thumbsdown:

Where's the uninstall programs ? Eventually I found it inside another program but haven't found it since and had to do a search for it when I needed it.
It just seems really hard work to get the program I want without all these new windows popping up which have to be closed each time.There just seems so much stuff in there that the average user will never use.

Anyway,I took the laptop in today to see if the chap at the computer shop can install XP on it,I really hope so.

Will I be buying the new Windows 8, yes.....but not before hell freezes over and someone leaves me Buckingham Palace in their will.

Some people will obviously fair better than me in using Windows 7

Allan

polo2k

Quote from: GrahamB on November 23, 2011, 10:07:08 PM
Chuffin NHS!

cheers

alan
I slipped a disk.

Hold out for an MRI scan. It's the only way they can tell what's going on.
The further the sciatica is down your leg, the worse the problem is.
Steer clear of Tramadol. I was on eight tablets a day for six months and became addicted. Getting off it was hell and while I don't condone recreational drug taking, I have a new appreciation of what recovering drug addicts go through.
Physio does work but it depends how bad the damage is. When my Physio saw my MRI scan he simply said he couldn't do anything until the disk was removed. It was removed and he got me working again. I now have a new lease of life.
Finally, consider going private. I did simply because I'd lose more in wages (and pain) by waiting for the NHS. So far as they were concerned I was an emergency and would still have to wait six months plus!
Well, I broke my usual calm persona and jumped up and down a little (not phisically of course!) and ive got an appt on Monday now.
I had the CT scan a while ago, the result from that was to get the nerve blocker (to stop the siatica (extending into my foot)). at the same time they were talking about operating, however when the consultant kyboshed the nerve blocker, he appears to have axed the operation too, but he left the room so fast I didnt get a chance to talk to him about it.
Months ago my chiropracter was too concerned to do much apart from a shoulder massage so im expecting a similar experiance to you. Im trying not to contemplate private treatment until I actually know what will work as at the moment I have been getting 3 months of being passed pillar to post!
I feel your pain with the tramadol. Currently on 2 every 4 hrs. plus diclofenic and this week my doc has added another pill to lessen the chances of an ulcer caused by the medication. Im a bit concerned about the addictive side of these painkillers too, he mentioned using oramorph at one point, but I declined for exactly that reason.

fingers crossed itll be on the mend soon!
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 23, 2011, 09:46:17 PM

Nice one, EP :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations