!!

Not Yet Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: B.T. broadband...to stay or not to stay?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Calnefoxile

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 13399
  • 2mm Association Number: 5004
    • Awards
Re: B.T. broadband...to stay or not to stay?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 11:45:45 AM »

Same here, been with BT for over 20 years since the days of dial-up.

Only had 1 major issue which took a few weeks to resolve and I had to get a BT Business contact I had to intervene, turned out to be a bit of hidden wire shorting my pair to another pair in the Krone block in the exchange.

I can't get Fibre as I'm directly connected to the exchange, although that didn't seem to stop BT trying to charge me more for my broadband than someone with Fibre, 1 phonecall later and I'm paying 15.99 a month for it.

Would I go anywhere else?? Probably not, mainly because I'm not going to get any increase in speed until they sort out those of us directly connected to the exchange with Fibre, and I can't get Virgin as we don't have Cable in Calne either.

Regards

Neal.

Offline JRS747

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Just started out in N gauge
    • Awards
Re: B.T. broadband...to stay or not to stay?
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 04:15:52 AM »
If you want to save money you probably have to move at the end of your contract. I'm with Plusnet, excellent customer service and not one technical issue in 2 years. I was with BT, very unhelpful, I had numerous disconnects which they denied then when I left they said "it's the same line you will have the same problem with your new supplier": I didn't.
Talk Talk are very cheap but that is all they have going for them. Their customer service is awful and they are almost impossible to leave: it took me months to escape and I know others who have had the same problem.
I thought the Sky deal looked very good but found that my paid in advance line rental is not transferable to them (why not?) so I will have to wait for it to end.
Join Quidco and go through them for some serious cashback deals on broadband.

John
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal