Train Sim 2015 crashing...

Started by bluedepot, October 05, 2014, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

I've never owned or played Train Sim before but I just got Train Sim 2015, a random purchase!

Anyway it crashes either on loading a 'quick drive' scenario or it crashes after about 14 mins of driving...  which even for a new Hitachi IEP is not enough time to get from Peterborough to Kings Cross which is the line you get with the game!

Any ideas?

Also what screen resolution setting should I select?

I'm not into computers or gaming, but it's a bit annoying that this game which cost me about 17 quid doesn't work...

My computer is about 5 years old.

Cheers

Tim

Geoff

Are you using train sim through Steam? " Steam is a game management program and you may have to sign up to it to get the game working properly"

Are your Graphic drivers up to date "this is normally a problem why programs crash"

Is your computer compatible with the game ie memory, processor, graphics card etc

and is there any updates outstanding for the game its self.
Geoff

talisman56

1) Make sure your PC meets (and preferably exceeds) the minimum specifications for the game
2) Make sure your motherboard and graphics card drivers are up to date
3) Run it with Steam active, and make sure that it checks for and downloads any updates when you start up the game.

I purchased TS 2014 via Steam (good job I've got a relatively fast Broadband as it was a *huge* download) and had issues with it freezing on my i5 laptop. Only when I had done 2) completely and Steam had had a chance to update itself and the game did the lockups go away. I've since installed the TS 2015 update and had no issues, so far.

My laptop screen runs at 1600x900 and in 'Settings/Graphics' I run the game at full screen, 1600x900, Master Detail is 'Low' (instead of 'Medium'). In the 'Advanced' section I've reduced the View Distance to about 1/3 from 1/2. These settings changes make the game run a bit smoother at the expense of long-distance detail.

Hope you manage to sort out the game issues, once it runs OK it's a good sim...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Geoff

Just seen this has the Liverpool to Manchester line on there so I think will have to buy this.

Geoff

austinbob

I've been using Trainsim (via Steam) for many years now. Totally addictive and great fun.

Beware... This program can seriously detract you from your N gauge layout activities

Bob Austin
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Geoff

Quote from: austinbob on October 05, 2014, 07:00:30 PM
I've been using Trainsim (via Steam) for many years now. Totally addictive and great fun.

Beware... This program can seriously detract you from your N gauge layout activities

Bob Austin

Doubt it Bob
Geoff

austinbob

Quote from: Geoff on October 05, 2014, 07:03:51 PM
Quote from: austinbob on October 05, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

Bob Austin

Doubt it Bob

Geoff

You obviously have superior will power to me

Bob Austin
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Geoff

Have you ever designed a route at all with Train Sim Bob? I tried it a couple of times but I got 100 yards and then give up, not like N Gauge.
Geoff

bluedepot

yes I use it through Steam which I signed up to.

no idea about graphic drivers, how do I check these?

re computer compatible with the game, again I have no idea.  it is about 5 years old pc.  it seems to have enough free memory for the game. no idea about the rest.  how do I check?

sorry to be thick!

cheers for replies

tim

austinbob

Quote from: Geoff on October 05, 2014, 07:19:04 PM
Have you ever designed a route at all with Train Sim Bob? I tried it a couple of times but I got 100 yards and then give up, not like N Gauge.

Way above my head Geoff.

Getting into Trainsim design would be a SERIOUS distraction from N gauge

Too many other things to do.

I must say I have admiration for the people who have the skill, patience and time to work out these Trainsim Scenarios. Most of the routes and gameplays they come up with are outstanding.

Back to my baseboards now!! Or maybe tomorrow!!

Bob Austin

Bob Austin

Geoff

Quote from: bluedepot on October 05, 2014, 07:43:04 PM
yes I use it through Steam which I signed up to.

no idea about graphic drivers, how do I check these?

re computer compatible with the game, again I have no idea.  it is about 5 years old pc.  it seems to have enough free memory for the game. no idea about the rest.  how do I check?

sorry to be thick!

cheers for replies

tim

First of all you need to go to System Information, go to start / programs / administrative Tools and click on system information then under components and display it will tell you what graphics card you have, then this is the tricky bit by going to the Graphic cards manufacturers site and obtaining the upto date drivers.

but also in system information it will tell you your information of your pc and if its upto the job with the game.

Go on facebook and goto Train Sim 15 page and you will find there are a few people having crashes with the game, I am sure you will get answers there as well.
Geoff

bluedepot

Cheers

I have a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz

I think I have an Intel(R) GMA Driver

I'm on Windows 7

I think the upshot probably is my computer isn't up to speed so I can't play this game.

I'll probably just sell the game and give up on it as cheaper than a new PC.

Cheers

Tim

austinbob

Quote from: bluedepot on October 05, 2014, 09:10:37 PM
Cheers

I have a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz

I think I have an Intel(R) GMA Driver

I'm on Windows 7

I think the upshot probably is my computer isn't up to speed so I can't play this game.

I'll probably just sell the game and give up on it as cheaper than a new PC.

Cheers

Tim

I think it should work ok... You might need to back off on the display detail to get it to run at a decent speed -but I think it should work ok. I'm not sure if you're saying you have an integrated graphics driver. This might be a problem. You can get really cheap graphic cards that should improve your graphics performance.

Its a difficult call as to whether its worth upgrading an old system. All I know is Trainsim works pretty well even on a fairly low spec system if you back off on the display detail and resolution.

Bob Austin

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations