Does Anyone know anything about Windows 8 and eBay cloning issues

Started by mark100, August 31, 2014, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark100

Just a quick one and it is rather daunting, My wife has a Acer Aspire V5 netbook, her father used it the other day to log into the site he uses with Andrew on eBay and has not touched it since.

My wife runs a small home business via eBay and has a resolution issue to sort out

she logged into her own eBay account and went to "Go to resolution center" she clicked on that and was asked to log in, which she did,

All of a sudden she in in the N gauge eBay site fully logged in.

she logged out of it and logged back into her own account again and tried getting into resolution center and ended back in the other eBay account as a fully logged in operator

I was on the phone to Andrew earlier and he told me that on his account, searches done on my wife's eBay account on her netbook are now amongst searches he has done on his account using a i phone and home P.C, Recently viewed items, now shows items my wife has viewed on her account on his account, there are 350 odd miles between the 2 of them and it is rather daunting.

We have cleared the cache,cookies history etc etc and this still keeps happening. we are using Google Chrome

Any suggestions please

Mark
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

PaulCheffus

Hi

What happens if you log in to eBay using internet explorer? I think that you can log in to Chrome and it remembers your settings when roaming from PC to PC.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

mark100

Hi

There is a desk top eBay shortcut icon which is slower than using eBay on the chrome page, but they both do the same with the 2 sites. I'm looking at changing the browser's for 1 day then reverting back to Chrome and see if that has any success
there is a choice of Mozilla Firefox, Opera, internet Explorer, Maxthon as well as Chrome??? just reading up on the reviews for each before pressing any keys.
Thanks Mark
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

lil chris

I use Firefox and because I use my Pc for online banking etc I have Firefox set to "never remember history" and "do not tel sites about my tracking prefferences" in the privacy settings. I always log out of Firefox too after banking etc to make sure. I would be wary of using someone else's pc for banking or e-bay for example.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations