Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer drivers

Started by EddieA, July 06, 2013, 07:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Well ... depends on what you're after.  I wouldn't say colour lasers are at the photo-quality level (not the high-street ones anyway), but they can be very good for day-to-day printing (I got mine some years back, and have been happy with it) and for bulk, as EP says.

For high-quality photo prints, I use a multi-ink Canon - not cheap, but very good, and you can replace only the ink that runs out (unlike those all-in-1 carts  :thumbsdown: )

EddieA

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 13, 2013, 11:20:25 AM
Well ... printers are dirt cheap ... it's the inks that are the expensive aspect.  The mfrs know that people are reluctant to change printers hence they artificially lower those costs but inflate the running costs :(

Unless you have a lot of carts for your printer, I'd suggest looking around for a new one that does what you want, and then check both the mfr and 3rd-party ink costs until you find a combo that suits.

Mike

Unfortunately I have three full sets of the original Epson inks 'in stock'!

Also the inks are still readily available as other current printers use them so why don't Epson provide updated drivers? Oh yes, I forgot!...

But I have got the R300 printer working 100% on my netbook (I use it as the 'test', so even if I have problems on  the PC using the R3000 drivers I am still  :claphappy:  as I can transfer and print Hifi photos.

User 1: Epson nil
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

MikeDunn

scotsoft

Quote from: EddieA on July 13, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
But I have got the R300 printer working 100% on my netbook (I use it as the 'test', so even if I have problems on  the PC using the R3000 drivers I am still  :claphappy:  as I can transfer and print Hifi photos.

Is this something new?

Put some music on your HiFi and print it off  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Don't you just love predictive text  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

EddieA

Quote from: scotsoft on July 13, 2013, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: EddieA on July 13, 2013, 03:09:42 PM

Is this something new?

Put some music on your HiFi and print it off  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Don't you just love predictive text  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

listening to Bonny Tyler at full volume as I type... :laughabovepost:

Don't know how 'high quality' got to 'Hifi' though!

EddieA

I have just put on 'We are the champions' (Queen) at full volume as the printer has been fully installed and is working on my main PC.

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

scotsoft

Well done for sticking with it Eddie  :thumbsup:

Now you can use the money for buying a new printer to buy a loco or two  ;)

cheers John.

EddieA

Cheers John, it is always good to get one ahead . But any guesses that Epson would/will tighten up on their drivers if they became aware? :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations